Everything Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments #841  
Land plane would be my vote (if voting with my dollars). I've not seen their land plane or box blade myself, so I'm basing my opinion on the online investigations I've done.

Locally there are plenty of "good enough" 6' box blades sold to keep up with the work our 4035s are able do, for a bit less money than a single unit online (shipping a truckload of stuff at one time to one place does have cost benefits).

The same isn't so with a land plane. They are not as widely stocked at local places, and prices are generally kind of high. I also feel a land plane is a more delicate piece of hardware and would prefer the build quality of EA so I don't tear it up (and the EA customer service in case I do).

The land plane is probably the right choice for me. It's to maintain my 300' gravel driveway which gets hardpacked and small potholes on a yearly basis. (Crusher run top). From what I've seen I think I could accomplish the task with a box blade but the land plane looks like it's more the tool for the job. Is it that much more the tool for the job to justify the extra $ is what I'm trying to decide.

/ Everything Attachments #842  
Land plane is best on final finishing and maintenance drags. Once you have potholes, you have to dig the hard pack around them totally out and re-spread it to ever get rid of them. Box blades with their ripper shanks work best for this. If they're not large pot holes, extra passes with the land plane may be able to dig deep enough into the hard pack.

This is mainly why my line of thinking is going with the EA land plane versus a box blade. If you get the land plane and go over hard pack or catch a larger stone or root, you're less likely to damage the plane, and if you do you will at least have good service to get you back in operation. If you do have something the land plane proves insufficient on, you can always go pick up the best local box blade in your area and finish the job without much delay.

/ Everything Attachments #843  
I'd get a land plane with ripper shanks. You can always raise or remove shanks when you don't need them.

IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0061.JPG

Not advertising for another brand.

/ Everything Attachments #844  
I'd get a land plane with ripper shanks. You can always raise or remove shanks when you don't need them.

View attachment 500844

View attachment 500840

Not advertising for another brand.

Yes. Land plane with the scarfier shanks. 1700 buckaroos (yikes) but I figure I will have and use forever. And as my dad wisely taught me- buy the right tool for the job the first time around.

/ Everything Attachments #845  
Yes. Land plane with the scarfier shanks. 1700 buckaroos (yikes) but I figure I will have and use forever. And as my dad wisely taught me- buy the right tool for the job the first time around.

If that's what your father taught you, then take a hard look at the photo of the Woods! That's my next purchase.

/ Everything Attachments #846  
The land plane is probably the right choice for me. It's to maintain my 300' gravel driveway which gets hardpacked and small potholes on a yearly basis. (Crusher run top). From what I've seen I think I could accomplish the task with a box blade but the land plane looks like it's more the tool for the job. Is it that much more the tool for the job to justify the extra $ is what I'm trying to decide.

There's nothing like the land leveler for driveway maintenance! The interface is much easier than a box blade, so you'll get better results faster.
Let us know if we can assist you. Plan ahead because this year has started out with a BANG!!
Travis

/ Everything Attachments #850  
What did you order?

72" Rotary cutter. I can't wait to tear into the wiregrass. It's growing out of control and is causing me all kind of mosquito problem. I'm told the build is 4 weeks. I wish it would arrive sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.