Exploring a 2615 4wd, 911x loader vs DL 250?

/ Exploring a 2615 4wd, 911x loader vs DL 250? #1  

Dredwolf

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson MF 250
As I struggle to repair my father's 250 with a 232 Loader, I have started looking at modernizing. A 2615 in 4wd looks like a good fit, but the loader specs for a DL 250 vs the newer 911 series seem less?

Am I reading this wrong? The 250 is a solid tractor, but I do a fair amount of loader work with the horse farm, and it's killing me without a FEL this summer. So I am looking at moving up, and hopefully avoiding breaking the bank. Need some feedback on the 2615 and the FEL's for it.

Thanks!

/ Exploring a 2615 4wd, 911x loader vs DL 250?
As I struggle to repair my father's 250 with a 232 Loader, I have started looking at modernizing. A 2615 in 4wd looks like a good fit, but the loader specs for a DL 250 vs the newer 911 series seem less?

Am I reading this wrong? The 250 is a solid tractor, but I do a fair amount of loader work with the horse farm, and it's killing me without a FEL this summer. So I am looking at moving up, and hopefully avoiding breaking the bank. Need some feedback on the 2615 and the FEL's for it.

Thanks!

Okay, got my hands on a 2600 brochure, listing the DL250 as the loader option for a 2615 4wd. Lift to full height at pivot pin is 2952 lbs, and lift capacity to full at 800mm forward is 1780 lbs. But the websiteMassey Ferguson | Utility and Mid-Range Loader lists the 911x as the match for the 2600 series, and we drop to 2480 lbs, and instead of full lift height, we are now at 59" and 2170 lbs.

I have looked at Kubota, Mahindra, Deere and New Holland in person, and was not happy with the 3 point lift system or rear axle on any of them (Mahindra was at least a heavy tractor), and I actually had a Kubota dealer (who appears to mainly focus on the CUT market) give me a puzzled look when I asked about draft control...guess nobody actually plows anymore near my home town.

I was thrilled to "stumble" via the internet on a stocking Massey dealer within 60 miles (Nance Tractor), because I really want another Massey. This 250 served my Dad from 1985 until 2005, and me from then on, but I need more FEL than I currently have with the 250 and the 232 loader. With the 2615 in 4WD and a DL250 loader, I thought I had my perfect solution, but the 911x loader specs have thrown me a curve ball.

Am I over-thinking this? Someone out there with a 2600 series with either the DL250 or the newer 911X FEL give me some insight?

Thanks in advance.

/ Exploring a 2615 4wd, 911x loader vs DL 250? #3  
You may be able to find some leftover models with the DL250 loader if you prefer it over the 911x.

What is the typical load amount that you need to be able to handle, and to what height?

You may be able to find some leftover models with the DL250 loader if you prefer it over the 911x.

What is the typical load amount that you need to be able to handle, and to what height?
Good question, but I honestly am not sure of the answer..but I realize I need to figure it out. So common issue first...I have two 1 Ton trucks with dump bodies, one is a C30 with a metal dump bed like on a single axle F600 dot dump truck but smaller, the other Chevy has a 12ft flatbed with 4' steel sides. We have years and years of shavings w/ horse manure in a huge pile. The MF 250 w/232 loader w/5' bucket seems to be close to max with a full bucket (its a MF bucket, bought with 232 years ago) of that mixture after years of seasoning to be rich enough to use. I also burn wood for heat in the winter, so a 48x48 pallet loaded with stacked red oak is a common load.

I know a FEL is not a.dozer or wheel loader, but I would be surprised if the 232 could budge a standard round bale.

Plus a neighbor helped me out recently by working the pile with his orange compact TLB, with a 6' bucket, and did more in 15 minutes than I could in an hour with the 250/232 setup.

/ Exploring a 2615 4wd, 911x loader vs DL 250? #6  
I have the DL130 on my Massey 1648, which comes with a 72" bucket. It's rated for 2527 lbs at full height, which is 113" at the pins. I'm very happy with the loader performance. On my pallet forks, which weigh about 375 lbs, I can lift about 2400 lbs to about 3-4 feet off the ground. From what I've seen/heard, a large round bale weighs around 1500 lbs. I know I would have no problem handling it with mine... And if the DL250 handles 2900 lbs, which is 400# more than mine, it'll move bales around without knowing it.

I use my tractor commercially, and I move lots and lots of dirt, gravel, stumps, concrete, etc. It's not a dozer, no ... But it's tougher than you might expect

I have the DL130 on my Massey 1648, which comes with a 72" bucket. It's rated for 2527 lbs at full height, which is 113" at the pins. I'm very happy with the loader performance. On my pallet forks, which weigh about 375 lbs, I can lift about 2400 lbs to about 3-4 feet off the ground. From what I've seen/heard, a large round bale weighs around 1500 lbs. I know I would have no problem handling it with mine... And if the DL250 handles 2900 lbs, which is 400# more than mine, it'll move bales around without knowing it.

I use my tractor commercially, and I move lots and lots of dirt, gravel, stumps, concrete, etc. It's not a dozer, no ... But it's tougher than you might expect
Thanks for the insight, I am trying to arrange a visit back to the dealer during operating hours to ask a lot of questions and maybe snag a test drive and see. As we all know, a bad purchase will haunt you, and you can't always count on selling the mistake to get what you really needed.

/ Exploring a 2615 4wd, 911x loader vs DL 250? #8  
I just purchased a 2014 2615 with approx. 500 hrs about a month ago. Bare in mind that mine doesn't have a FEL and I don't have much seat time yet... but I can say that this is a very stout, easy to use, no frills tractor. Mine has the 8x8 shuttle shift with 4WD and independant PTO. So far all I've done with it is bush hog my pasture and it has been great! So far I am very pleased with my purchase.

20150505_143142.jpg

/ Exploring a 2615 4wd, 911x loader vs DL 250? #9  

Thanks!

I have a 2635 with DL250 FEL bought new about two years ago. The 2635 is considerably more tractor than is the 2615 yet the DL250 FEL is the MF supplied FEL for it.

I've used my set up with a heavy (approx 750 lbs.) 66" Edge grapple bucket (designed for a skid steer) to move many trees and stumps last summer to clear way for a new 1000' driveway. During this process I frequently moved debris that was too heavy for the tractor/FEL to lift. There was no indication that the FEL was too light. Rather, the load simply unloaded the rear tires such that I needed to travel backward, effectively dragging the load in order to avoid the added time of cutting the load(s) into smaller pieces and making additional trips.

I would nave no reservations using a DL250 with a considerably smaller/lighter 2615.

SDT

I just purchased a 2014 2615 with approx. 500 hrs about a month ago. Bare in mind that mine doesn't have a FEL and I don't have much seat time yet... but I can say that this is a very stout, easy to use, no frills tractor. Mine has the 8x8 shuttle shift with 4WD and independant PTO. So far all I've done with it is bush hog my pasture and it has been great! So far I am very pleased with my purchase.

View attachment 429217

Thank you for the honest feedback, my work schedule has not allowed me to return to the dealer yet, but seeing the crippled 232 loader eats at me.

Good to know, as that's what I need, a simple, study tractor.