2600H Series (2605H) Front End Loader/Hydraulic Issues

/ 2600H Series (2605H) Front End Loader/Hydraulic Issues #11  
LOL, I have, he had no idea. Short of trying these few other things suggested, I'm gonna have to have him pick it up for service
First, you have learned the hard way NOT to do every crazy thing the manuals claim you should do. Taking all that stuff apart at a 50 hour point is just silly and MF needs knuckles rapped for saying that. Beyond question more likely to do harm than good. Second, with a brand new machine like that, GET WITH THE DEALER NOW. Do not screw around with anything more -- just talk through it with the dealer . I would not be surprised if he tells you several things to try before any moving of machinery or sending a mechanic. Also depending on the distance to the dealer and other things, this is almost certainly something one mechanic can come out and square away on site at your place. Should be cheaper, faster and better overall than hauling the machine somewhere.

/ 2600H Series (2605H) Front End Loader/Hydraulic Issues #12  
First, you have learned the hard way NOT to do every crazy thing the manuals claim you should do. Taking all that stuff apart at a 50 hour point is just silly and MF needs knuckles rapped for saying that. Beyond question more likely to do harm than good. Second, with a brand new machine like that, GET WITH THE DEALER NOW. Do not screw around with anything more -- just talk through it with the dealer . I would not be surprised if he tells you several things to try before any moving of machinery or sending a mechanic. Also depending on the distance to the dealer and other things, this is almost certainly something one mechanic can come out and square away on site at your place. Should be cheaper, faster and better overall than hauling the machine somewhere.
I would reiterate this. something you have done has caused this and everyone here is trying to backtrace the issue.
I have a sneaky suspicion its the return side issue (which blocks actual pressure elsewhere) but...you got to get people involved that know what they are doing AND can physically touch the unit.
we can't.
until someone does you are w/o a working tractor.

/ 2600H Series (2605H) Front End Loader/Hydraulic Issues
Thanks for all the advice. I added hydraulic fluid, verified the return filter, and the last thing to verify before sending it to the dealer was the suction strainer (this was the last thing I had changed that I hadn't re-verified). Long story short, I'm an idiot and sorry for wasting all of your time. I had put the suction strainer in backwards. I drained the hydraulic fluid into a clean container so I could reuse it, and the problem became obvious when I first took out the downstream drain plug and barely anything came out. Then I took out the upstream drain plug and it poured right out. When I had first removed the old strainer, I remember that I dropped the strainer out on accident, so I didn't get a good look at how the old one was installed. The correct placement of this feels a bit counter intuitive to me, so I know how I made this mistake, but I've attached a picture of how it should have been installed just in case this helps anyone else avoid what I did.

Attachments

• suctionstrainerplacement.jpg
    suctionstrainerplacement.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 110
   / 2600H Series (2605H) Front End Loader/Hydraulic Issues #14  
AH I had wondered about suction strainer but where you had specifically mentioned return filter I mistakenly fixated upon that.
good to know you are up and running. hopefully, due to the few moments you have run it, no damage was done.
we all learn from our mistakes and I make so many I learn crap every day LOL
thank you for posting the correction, it very well may help others in future.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / 2600H Series (2605H) Front End Loader/Hydraulic Issues #15  
Wanted to chime in on the hydrolic return filter and the lack of instruction per the Manuel. I too am a MF 2607H owner who just completed 50 hr service myself and learned some things I will share. First of all for this tractor there are two applications for the return hydrolic system. The book lists only one. There is a spin on style and a bolt on style, both take the same filter ACP0250270, the difference is the O Ring provided with that filter only fits the bolt on style. If you have the spin on style you need ACP0647830
O ring. After several calls to MF dealer and a couple visits this is what we found, any way, hope that helps

/ 2600H Series (2605H) Front End Loader/Hydraulic Issues #16  
I hope you didn't run the pump(s) dry due to no oil.
It may have shortened the pump's life.