Comparison Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified?

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #22  
I got quoted $32,000 for TLB package with the 3032e. Insane when I got an LS 35hp for 22,900 for the same package. Both open station, non-cab tractors.

Live in NY too, and for some reason pricing here is terrible. Found that one out. From what I found is in NY the name brands were MSRP and thats it, but the off brands per say were quite a bit cheaper. But if you looked in say PA or any other random state, the off brand would still be cheaper, but the name brand was a lot better. So like you case the LS would still be 22k in PA but you could get the deere for for say 28 or so in PA.

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #23  
I'm in Australia and have been looking at a compact tractor package for some months now, that includes a cab, front end loader and backhoe, plus the options that might even up the offerings. Based purely on which companies could provide what I was after, I narrowed my shortlist down to a John Deere 3045R, New Holland Boomer 50 and Kioti CK4220. I'm about to make the final decision, but before I do I'd just like to ask the brains trust here if there is any circumstance where the 3045R package could be justifiably AU$22500 better than the Boomer 50 and a whopping AU$29000 better than the CK4220?

Is a JD that much more capable, or long lived...or anything else that I am missing?

Nothing I have heard even the made up bull puckey, nothing I have ever experienced and nothing I have seen has convinced me that any JD was worth more than the next brand. So at that price difference it would have to plow the field, walk the dogs, cut the grass and cook me breakfast before it woke me up in the morning to even have a fighting chance at me spending that much more!

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified?
...it would have to plow the field, walk the dogs, cut the grass and cook me breakfast before it woke me up in the morning to even have a fighting chance at me spending that much more!

Thanks for the morning laugh

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #25  
I cant judge this effectively without a picture of each one. :)

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #26  

With that much of a price difference the JD would need be brand new and the others would have to be at least 30 years old and extremely worn out to justify it. The OP is talking about brand new machines that are close in size and very comparable.

This would be like paying a builder to build a garage to nearly identical standards 29,000 more than your neighbor paid to a builder with the same skill. The only difference is your builder is using green siding and plastic doors with yellow trim.

Really no need for a picture at all!

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #27  
Have you contacted the JD people to verify the price? Sounds like a mistake to me.

Have you contacted the JD people to verify the price? Sounds like a mistake to me.

It’s the only machine I got two quotes on, from two different dealers, and they were within AU$250 of each other.

Here you go

40967091-orange-tractor-a-side-view-on-white-background.jpg

45283031-blue-tractor-a-side-view-on-white-background.jpg

40211619-tractor.jpg

/ Extrordinary JD3045 Cab Price Difference - Justified? #30  
Just some musings...

All machines break and wear. The tasty initial price sometimes is tempered by subsequent bitter flavor for parts and service. No matter the brand understand "YOUR" future support. In my area the all brands compete hard. Some places the competition is lacking and the market will bear high prices. Understand the market prior to a purchase. Two quotes is barely scratching the surface in my area. Those prices are a starting point. Patience and knowledge will work you for you.

In my recent purchase, the initial quote was US$42,000 I found the same machine (another dealer) while having a couple of hundred hours, was $25,000 and had several valuable features the new machine didn't.

What's red and smells like fresh green paint ?

Fresh Red paint. :laughing: