Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #41  
It's not that easy. Different tasks require different eye protection. And, then protection from the sun, adds another whole concern.

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #42  
Just curious if you've tried them?

These are some of the ones I bought my son when we bought an assortment of styles. Let me check for sure if these are the ones he wears with muffs. He wears protective glasses for work without muffs, so some were for that and didn't need the thinnest temples.

Edit: Yes these are the ones he prefers to wear while mowing with his ear muffs. He wears the tinted while mowing, but I noticed he has them on most of the day when working around here. He says they are light and comfortable and he forgets he has them on.

Attachments

• SecurFit.jpg
    SecurFit.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
   / Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #43  
Why you need to wear eye protection

3ZzzfGUxSWuMayD7.jpg

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #44  
Sorry, I troll a little bit. But have you tried just ear plugs? That's what I wear when mowing, it's works for me.

I also use earplugs for yard work, vacuuming, loud concerts, and indoor range shooting. These are serious noise reducers!

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #45  
Noticed when chainsawing yesterday, that the elastic strap from a kids pair of Bushnel goggles, (I like the tiny size) made the ear muffs of my worktunes less then totally effecive.

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #46  
Why you need to wear eye protection

View attachment 667781

I was doing just a little Black Beauty blasting two days ago.
I wore my hood, but did not tie the bottom around my body.
I had no protective glasses on.
A speck of grit obviously got under the hood, and into my left eye.
I can still occasionally feel a bit of a scratch in the eye, but it seems to be OK.

Color me ...STUPID!
I'll be 80 next month!
I DO know better!
But......I did it!

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #47  
Now try that with HARD contact lenses! You would not be able to get that lense out of your eye fast enough! Loose it and it's like $300.00 (with the insurance) Scratch it and turn it into junk, and you may have well lost it.!!

One reason, I have never pursued sandblasting.

I tried finding a picture of my kids Bushnell Goggles. NADA! Probably why they were in the surplus Isle of Princess Auto. Shame. They had become my favourite Goggles! Goes without saying that anything I like or want, gets discontinued!

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups #48  
   / Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups
I confess I'm basically using some old chemical goggles with their too-loose elastic strap that fits around my hearing protectors. It gives me more dust protection but it is ... unwieldy.

The safety goggles linked in .-1 are a bit more ... svelte.

/ Eye protection that doesn't insert under hearing protection cups

Those look quite a bit nicer than my el-cheapo harbor freight chemical goggles. Expensive though, too bad that the straps don't haver orderable replacements when they lose their elasticity, or the main goggle lens when it gets scratched. Still, might have to consider those.

When I looked at the listing there was a DeWalt set of goggles on the page near the bottom, half the price, and with the same 4.5/5 stars overall review. But when you actually look at the reviews, the DeWalt were panned for being way too easy to fog up, whereas the linked SolidWork goggles don't get that.

I use my 3m Half Face Mask when I'm on the tractor and the golden rod stuff is filling air when cutting. Seems similar, I originally bought it for a reasonable price, from Home Depot I think, for welding projects. Love those P100 filters and the extended-wear comfort of the mask.