F150 Diesel

/ F150 Diesel #71  
No Cummins are heavy duty.

Is this heavy duty enough for you?
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 8.46.05 PM.png

/ F150 Diesel #72  
He just enjoys stirring things up and is better off on your ignore list.

Getting back on topic, super happy to see some competition in the half-ton diesel space. We're pretty happy with our EcoDiesel getting ~29mpg highway and 20s towing tractor/horse trailer. Nothing like some good competition to keep companies from resting on their laurels.

/ F150 Diesel #73  
Nothing like some good competition to keep companies from resting on their laurels.
:thumbsup:

Lack of competition for the American car manufacturers back in the early '70s is how we ended up being fed junk vehicles by all three of the major auto companies. :mad:

/ F150 Diesel #74  
Not to divert the thread, cause I'm looking forward to the new diesels from Ford and GM, but did the Ecodiesel die off? When you try to Build Your Own on the Ram website, the diesel is not a choice. What happened?

/ F150 Diesel #75  
Not to divert the thread, cause I'm looking forward to the new diesels from Ford and GM, but did the Ecodiesel die off? When you try to Build Your Own on the Ram website, the diesel is not a choice. What happened?

The last I knew it was working, just for the heck of it I did a build last week and it worked.
I just went and tried it showed the eco diesel in 4x4 crew cabs but not the standard cab for some reason on the 18's didn't try the 19's

/ F150 Diesel #76  
In the marine diesel community, Cummins is light duty. Itç—´ relative.
In supertankers, yes, then Wartsila 96 is the norm.
In a 120 ton Hitachi EX1200, the smallest mining class excavator you'll find a Cummins QSK23 weighing 2200kg at 760hp. One size smaller is construction class, a 90 ton Zaxis 890 has a 15.6 liter Isuzu at 520hp, weighing 1100kg.

And what about the inline 6 which is spoken of, for GM ?? A clean sheet design, or badge engineering ? Isuzu has no such engines, 5 liter 4 pot or 7 liter six.
Will this be an inline 6 version of the Duramax V8 ? There was speak of a 4.5l Duramax V8 codename LMK...

Last edited:
   / F150 Diesel #77  
Is this the engine with opposing pistons, supercharged and turbo charged?
First time I was exposed to Wakeshau-Pierce diesels looking at the drawings they are opposing cylinders firing within a common cylinder.
To me it was a wild design.
So maybe I brain-farted but thought this was also the same design for the F-150??

and if this is so, I've yet to read any articles speaking of its bahzillion miles testing blah, blah, blah like they did on the Power Storke and ego-boost....so wha-dup wit dis.....????:)

Oh and IF anyone drives a Tundra and knows about the MPGs this truck gets then the 4x4 mpgs on the 150 PS is a dream!

I'd take it. Gottah get tractor on the public scales to get a cert on full weight with a BB. Piecing it all together the SWAG is about 9400 lbs or so (utility metal bed trailer as well).

The Tundra struggled from Halletsville to Giddings to Paige doing 60 was the sweet spot. 65? fuggeet-about-it!
Been window shopping the F-250 6.2L.

But if the F-150 in a 4x4 Supercrew with a 6.5 foot bed come with a tow rating of 11k then may be all in.:thumbsup::D

/ F150 Diesel #78  
Is this the engine with opposing pistons, supercharged and turbo charged?
First time I was exposed to Wakeshau-Pierce diesels looking at the drawings they are opposing cylinders firing within a common cylinder.
To me it was a wild design.
So maybe I brain-farted but thought this was also the same design for the F-150??

and if this is so, I've yet to read any articles speaking of its bahzillion miles testing blah, blah, blah like they did on the Power Storke and ego-boost....so wha-dup wit dis.....????:)

Oh and IF anyone drives a Tundra and knows about the MPGs this truck gets then the 4x4 mpgs on the 150 PS is a dream!

I'd take it. Gottah get tractor on the public scales to get a cert on full weight with a BB. Piecing it all together the SWAG is about 9400 lbs or so (utility metal bed trailer as well).

The Tundra struggled from Halletsville to Giddings to Paige doing 60 was the sweet spot. 65? fuggeet-about-it!
Been window shopping the F-250 6.2L.

But if the F-150 in a 4x4 Supercrew with a 6.5 foot bed come with a tow rating of 11k then may be all in.:thumbsup::D

I'm at work now listening to a Fairbanks-Morse 12 cylinder diesel, opposed piston, twin turbo, 4500 HP that turns a generator. Overhauled this past winter to the tune of 1.4 million!

/ F150 Diesel #79  
You guys discussing marine engines in an F150 thread need to get a room :laughing:

/ F150 Diesel #80  
I didn’t think there where any Fairbanks opposed piston diesels still in service due to the maintenance costs and complexity.