F3080 snowblower question

/ F3080 snowblower question
Dan,

Yet another question about lift stop kit.

Looking at the manual, the drawing has the piece sitting upright, resting on the lift arm. On mine, they lay on their side. Is this correct?

In one photo I show how they were positioned when delivered and the second photo is after I lifted it into an upright position.

Lyle

Attachments

• LiftStop1.jpg
    LiftStop1.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 125
  • LiftStop2.jpg
    LiftStop2.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 140
   / F3080 snowblower question #22  
Dan,

Looking at the manual, the drawing has the piece sitting upright, resting on the lift arm. On mine, they lay on their side. Is this correct?

In one photo I show how they were positioned when delivered and the second photo is after I lifted it into an upright position.

Lyle

Now this is not right Lyle,
The tang with the hole for the 1/2" pins should fit into the the slot provided in the lift arms, that way the travel stops can't rotate, the service folks put them in wrong. I'll head into the shop and snap a picture for you.

Dan

/ F3080 snowblower question #23  
Dan,

Lyle
I took some pictures for you, see what I mean...

Dan
IMG_00000165.jpgIMG_00000166.jpg

/ F3080 snowblower question #24  
I had the Amish build it in 5 days. I stained the whole inside of the patio also.

Took me about a month Murphy,
The longest part was the inside, electrical, insulation and inner skin.
Nevertheless, a great place to teach the grandkids some woodworking skills...

Sept 28 2011.jpgND Canada Office 2012 169.jpgND Canada Office 2012 031.jpg

Thanks again Dan. I'll go correct their mistake. Good dealer but I suspect they haven't installed one of these blowers in a while.

Lyle

Congratulations Sandalwood,
That's too bad about the small scuff marks but you'll be buffing that out in no time at all next summer. You'll enjoy working your new blower, and like me last year, you'll be looking like a snowman the first few times until you get the hang.... Reading the wind and rotating the discharge quickly is tricky.... Next will be the Curtis (Kubota) cab.
I'm sure we'll all be looking forward to your comments...

Dan.

Dan,

Any suggestions for buffing agent for plastic? I tried typical stuff for headlight restoration but no effect.

Lyle

/ F3080 snowblower question #27  
If all else fails Lyle, you sand 440 to 600 wet, and mask it off & paint over. I've done this to the hood on the B7800 twice now using a Kubota spray can and had great success. This is a nice small area you have to fix,should turn out fine.
We're expecting 15 to 20 cm here tomorrow, we'll be out there blowing...
Dan