Facebook

/ Facebook #22  
And you have ventrac dealers all over the country that service that kubota, right?

Have one less than 10 miles from me. Why you such a know it all?

/ Facebook #23  
Have one less than 10 miles from me. Why you such a know it all?

Not trying to be a know it all. Power Tracs are factory direct, no dealers anywhere. They used to install Kohler engines, and now they don't. The reason they don't is because (as someone else asked them at the factory and reported here a while back) Kohler told them they have to become a Kohler dealer to resell their engines in their tractors. So they stopped using Kohler engines. The original poster asked why there was once a Kubota engined Power Trac, and there aren't any more? I suggested maybe it was a similar deal to what happened with Kohler. You mentioned that

My Ventrac has a Kubota Diesel. Not a Kubota dealer either.

So I asked if they service Kubota diesels at their dealerships. My point being, Ventrac probably has some sort of business arrangement with Kubota in order to install and service their engines in their equipment and still be able to honor Kubota warranty work. Power Trac apparently had no such agreement with Kohler, as when they were installing Kohler engines in their equipment, the owner had to get warranty work done through Kohler, not Power Trac. And shortly after 2002 (I'm not sure of the exact year), they stopped offering Kohler engines. And we've only seen that one Kubota in a Power Trac. JJ has a Ford industrial engine in his Power Trac, but as far as we know, that's the only one anyone's ever seen. All the rest are Robbin Subaru or Deutz, with the possible exception of the Briggs powered PT418s.

/ Facebook #24  
The Deutz diesels are very reliable engines. I remember someone saying they are not rated for mobile field equipment. They are used a lot in Genie Lifts and to power things like generators and farm irrigation pumps.

Ken

/ Facebook #25  
Been talking to some old fishermen lately, they have been running Deutz diesels in their boats for some 20+ years. They say if you take care of them they will last and last. I have yet to run across across someone that was negative on the Deutz, seems like its always positive.

/ Facebook #26  
Only negtive is parts prices. Deutz is like Porsche / Audi / VW. Crazy high prices but you seldom need parts.

/ Facebook #27  
I find my 1845 with a deutz engine does not like to start in real cold weather. Do others have hard starting in the really cold with their power trac's?

/ Facebook #29  
   / Facebook #30  
I'd think you'd get considerably less gallons per minute with a slower RPM engine. With that said, I can't see anywhere a listing for the RPMs on that motor you linked to. ;)