False Deere information

/ False Deere information #1  

majorwager

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota mx 5100 IH 484 ford 1620 lull 844b
A FL member posted the statement below under another thread.

"The last USA tractor market share numbers posted here showed kubota with 46% market share and Deere with 19% market share. There are a formidable number of players clawing for the remaining 35% market share."

I like kubota but that is a complete deception. Some of the Deere compact tractors are disappointing and the whole "E" series has some issues, but in terms of shear volume, Kubota is but a pimple on the Deere Derriere. Obviously this member has never been to many American farms. There may be some mixed colors, rarely no green whatsoever. Often, all green!!!

So the point is that too often folks take info from TBN as accurate, w/o questioning the source. Folks posting statistics should include the source to properly evaluate the accuracy.

/ False Deere information #2  
Seems like a definition of "tractor market share numbers" might be in order.

/ False Deere information #3  
I believe he was talking about compact tractors.

/ False Deere information #4  
So the point is that too often folks take info from TBN as accurate, w/o questioning the source.
Wise people don't.

Nothing to get excited about. I think you're making a big fuss over a trivial matter. It's not like misleading information concerning a real problem with a tractor or related equipment.

/ False Deere information #5  
The quote I have seen is, "According to UCC filings*, through the first 11 months of 2016 Kubota held a market share of nearly 47% in the tractor ranges up to 80 horsepower. Deere was a distant second with 19%." This comes from an article titled "Industry Shift: Kubota's Pursuit to be a Global Full Liner" from Rural Lifestyle Dealer magazine. This sort of industry information is worth money to collect and track, so the free numbers might not be the most accurate, but they are probably in the ballpark.

TBN post this was first talked about.

/ False Deere information
According to UCC filings, is misleading.
Says nothing about how extensive & diligently research was conducted, and many smaller and regional Banks do not report UCC information. The disclaimer below is from the article referenced by Third. Kubota is competitive w/ small land owners and hobby farmers. The AG farmers in my area do not regard Kubota as a serious contender. The stat does NOT consider that many farmers pay cash for their smaller utility tractors but 80 hp is on the cusp. Personally, I do not believe the percentage quoted. I worked in a heavily agricultural tri- county area visiting over 400 farms on a regular basis, and orange did NOT have a presence. Mine is not a national average but look at the Nebraska Tractor Test Site for Kubota, then look at the deere list. Kubota discloses UCC filings. Farms, where tractor volume actually exists, often have relationships w/ local banks. Deere will entice some purchases w/ lower interest, but guard UCC info closer to the vest.

*UCC data is not considered to be complete as there are no regulations making the sales or registration filings mandatory. As one reader recently wrote, “UCC data provides part of the picture, but certainly not the whole picture.

The magazine from where the information was garnered has a circulation of 12,000.

Last edited:
   / False Deere information #7  
According to UCC filings, is misleading.
Says nothing about how research was conducted, and many smaller and regional Banks do not report UCC information. The disclaimer below is from the article referenced by Third. Kubota is competitive w/ small land owners and hobby farmers. The AG farmers in my area do not regard Kubota as a serious contender. The stat does NOT consider that many farmers pay cash for their smaller utility tractors but 80 hp is on the cusp. Personally, I do not believe the percentage quoted. I worked in a heavily agricultural tri- county area visiting over 400 farms on a regular basis, and orange did NOT have a presence. Mine is not a national average but look at the Nebraska Tractor Test Site for Kubota, then look at the deere list.

*UCC data is not considered to be complete as there are no regulations making the sales or registration filings mandatory. As one reader recently wrote, “UCC data provides part of the picture, but certainly not the whole picture.

i wouldn't worry to much about it , so what if kubota take the souped up lawn mower division , real work will always be done by deere , MF, case/Nh

/ False Deere information #8  
i wouldn't worry to much about it , so what if kubota take the souped up lawn mower division , real work will always be done by deere , MF, case/Nh

It might matter if you are in the market for a souped up lawn mower or a $500,000 S700 series JD combine harvester. Way more money in the large commercial ag equipment market, more units in the souped up lawn mower market.

/ False Deere information #9  
Another thread said mf was the king of the scut hill. I asked for substantiation but got none. Lol.

/ False Deere information #10  
Complete yawn:confused3: