Farm Dump truck

/ Farm Dump truck #11  
<font color="green">They caught him near where he lived and followed him home to check the other two trucks. </font>

They can't fine you unless the vehicles were on the road. That is federal and state law. He could have fought that one and easily won. You are perfectly legal to have farm fuel in your vehicle unless you are on state or federal property.

/ Farm Dump truck #12  

Looks interesting but I'm holding out for an IH 1900 or some such with 4WD that some tree, concrete or similar company has depreciated without using it up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, an ideal hope, I know. One with about a 10-12 foot dump, a DT466 diesel engine, Allison transmission (I hate sticks on these big ones), et al. Don't want much do I?

That Unimoog is a Daimler-Chrysler product. A Mercedes!! How much does it cost, fella? Unfortunately they don't show a dealer near me, so I probably will remain curious.

Jim

/ Farm Dump truck #13  
Jim,

It is a Mercedes. New Unimogs are way out of sight! Targeted mostly to municipalities and large organizations. You won't find them at a regular dealer. Freightliner used to carry them.

But, there are a few importers who get the older ones and fix them up. One like mine, a 79, is less than 20K. But, ones like mine are tanks - no electronics, etc. There are too many options to get into here.

You can see some private ones for sale at Unimog Exchange.

Just an option. Certainly has problems getting registered and insured - over an IH1900. But, it is quite functional. And unique - I get lots of lookers/questions when I'm out in it.

Have a good one,
Neil.

/ Farm Dump truck #14  
In Oregon you can drive anything up to 26,000lb with the standard license. I went one step farther and got my farm endorsement which allows me to drive ANYTHING as long as it has farm plates on it and I am within 150 miles of my farm. The endorsement and farm plates are cheap and easy to get. Of course you need to be using the vehicle for farm use.

Eric

/ Farm Dump truck #15  
Unimog, goes anywhere, but it takes time to get there, mine only does 30mph ,with the sun and the wind coming from behind.
This one has a 1,8l diesel engine, very short between the axels, no three point linkage, but PTO, both ways. Use it for picknicks and woodsplitting.

Attachments

• 828473-splitter 3.jpg
    828473-splitter 3.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 419
   / Farm Dump truck #16  
1948berg,
Is there any thing that you don't have over there. You must have a lot of fun using all that equipment /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Farm Dump truck #17  

Gunnar, that's got to be a summer picture of you and the Mrs, right? Otherwise, where's your snowplow /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif?

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

You'll be pleased to hear we're experiencing a snap of cold wx, last night it dropped to 15 F.

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Oh, stop that laughing, can hear you across the pond!

[welcome to the list!]

Jim

/ Farm Dump truck #19  
This is the truck I'm working on for the farm. '59 White with a 220 Cummins and 10 sp RR. My Dad drove this truck when it was new. It was originally a road tractor w/fifth wheel. Needs odds and ends to get it roadworthy but it will haul anything I will ever need to haul. I'll register it with farm plates. I already have a CDL so that won't be a factor to worry about.

Attachments

• 829976-\'59 White Diesel.JPG
    829976-\'59 White Diesel.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 443
   / Farm Dump truck #20  
New York makes you have commercial plates for all trucks. This includes compact pickups.