Farm Dump truck

/ Farm Dump truck #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 20060218

Looks interesting but I'm holding out for an IH 1900 or some such with 4WD that some tree, concrete or similar company has depreciated without using it up /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif, an ideal hope, I know. One with about a 10-12 foot dump, a DT466 diesel engine, Allison transmission (I hate sticks on these big ones), et al. Don't want much do I?

That Unimoog is a Daimler-Chrysler product. A Mercedes!! How much does it cost, fella? Unfortunately they don't show a dealer near me, so I probably will remain curious.

Jim
)</font>

Jim, you might like my IH 4x4 dump. Look at it in my pictures in my signature.

/ Farm Dump truck #22  

Hey, that'd be the one. Let me know when you've accumulated enough depreciation...I'll give you some Sec. 1245 money!

How did you come onto something like that? It looks well cared for.

J

/ Farm Dump truck #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( New York makes you have commercial plates for all trucks. This includes compact pickups. )</font>
========
Ohio offers several types of truck plates.Some of them being.
Commercial
Non Commerical
Farm
Dealer

/ Farm Dump truck #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 20060305

Hey, that'd be the one. Let me know when you've accumulated enough depreciation...I'll give you some Sec. 1245 money!

How did you come onto something like that? It looks well cared for.

J
)</font>

J,
I have a few connections that specialize in AWD trucks. I've owned a medium duty 4x4 dump for the last 15 years and can't seem to get my work done without one. Great for construction or farm work. Everyone asks me if I plow snow with it and I tell them "why would I want to do a silly thing like plow snow with such a nice truck"??? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Farm Dump truck #25  

Wanna shaaaaare those connections? Your profile does not say where you are but are you (and those connections) near VA?

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

J

/ Farm Dump truck #26  
I am near VA. I can get you started, but let me warn you up front: You pay a LARGE premium for 4x4 M/D trucks. If you really want one, better get your wallet warmed up. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Farm Dump truck #27  
You can get the Chevy Kodiak 4x4's for less than you can buy a comparable one ton pickup. Some of the others like International are high but the Kodiak's are probably the best deal going in a MDT.

/ Farm Dump truck #28  

Richard, I've seen a lot of Kodiaks over the yrs, just no 4x4s. I did see a 4wd 4500-5500 or maybe bigger (cannot recall which) cab & chassis at the Charlottesville Chevy dealer last year. Maybe that is the Kodiak. Seems like the MSRP was around $45K, new of course. Adding a dump bed would be around $5000-8000 if my guess is correct. Virginian truck bodies in far SW Va is the favorite for big trucks, would imagine they could do one of these.

Looking on that dealer's www site, see the attached photo. It's a C4500 with what appears to be a lighter duty dump, for $54K list.

And there were heavy rebates going on for GM on these, at least in 2005.

Wonder where to find and how much for used ones?

Anyone want a couple of used Mack DMs, 1980s vintage? Have 2 to trade /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. They are just too unwieldy for our farm and without front wheels driven, they'd get stuck too easily. The dump bodies are rough, too, and the two stick Mack transmission will work ya.

J

Attachments

• 846739-Chev C4500 130572413 rv.jpg
    846739-Chev C4500 130572413 rv.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 351
   / Farm Dump truck #29  
Nothing against a 5500 4x4 Kodiak, but it ain't no IH 4800 4x4. We're talking about a 19,500 GVWR truck with hydraulic brakes and 19.5" tires versus a 33,000 GVWR truck with air brakes, a DT466, 7 speed and 12R22.5 tires.

I load boulders, broken concrete & 10 ton payloads in my truck or can tow a 20 ton tag along.

Biiiiig difference.

J,

with the price of steel, a new 12' dump with a hoist installed is now running over 10 grand. Anything better than average quality and figger more like $12-15 grand.

I guess it all depends on what you want. True heavy duty airbraked, double framed trucks will take the punishenment the lighter medium duty trucks won't.

/ Farm Dump truck #30  

Hey L39, if you really are 'in' with 4x4 medium truck sources in/near VA, with apologies to Monty Hall, don't wait..."Come on down". I'd love to see what's out there. PM me if you don't want to publish names.

Thx,

J