Fatal Tractor Rollover

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #21  
Having lost two cousins to tractor accidents, this is hard to hear. Prayers for the families.

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #22  
Door was open, glass broke, or he broke the glass when he was thrown and then exited.

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #23  
All the larger tractors will run at least 18 mph, many will limit out at 25 mph with front suspensions some will get up to 35 mph.
Per the article the equipment got to fish tailing and he lost control.

"CASS COUNTY, Mich. — A 23-year-old died in a tractor crash on Saturday afternoon, according to the Cass County Sheriff's Office.
Sheriff Richard J. Behnke said deputies responded to a farm tractor crash on Garrett Road, north of Middle Crossing Road in Silver Creek Township around 12:05 p.m.

Deputies said an investigation of the crash showed that a tractor pulling a farm implement lost control and jackknifed, causing the driver, 23-year-old Nathan Scherer, to be ejected from the cab.

The tractor then rolled onto Scherer, and he was pronounced dead at the scene, deputies said. "

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #24  
I've nearly put our cabbed tractor in the ditch by looking back while going at full speed down the road. Very easy to do. I use my mirrors now. Was a scary moment because the ditch was a deep one and it wouldn't have been pretty.

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #25  
Special thoughts prayers for family.

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #26  
What happens in a lot of rollover fatalities, either car or equipment, is not that the driver is thrown totally clear of the vehicle and then rolled onto but rather partially ejected from the side window and then rolled onto. The flopping action of the vehicle tosses the occupant sideways and partly out the window. You don't know for sure exactly what happened but this from a friend that has dealt with a lot of rollovers.

Such a tragic accident.

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #27  
Bad deal. Sorry for the family.

I run my tractors on the road quite a bit, pulling implements most of the time.

Both mine will run faster than you want to run a tractor down the road... I rarely exceed 20mph though. Even at 20mph, you think about how bad things can get when something messes up with that many pounds of metal running 20mph, and it may make you use more caution.

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #28  
Soil conditioners are pretty well balanced. The tractor probably does not exceed 25 mph. Most of the smaller ones which it looks like it is still maxes at 18-20 mph wide open. 2 possibilities I see. 1. Not his fault entirely. Accident due to inexperience. On coming traffic and he moved over some and it dropped off the edge and the tail started wagging the dog and he was unable to correct properly. Instinctively over correcting and getting back on the road instead of staying off road and easing back on.

2. On his cell phone and lost control. Entirely his fault. My cousin had an employee drop his on the floor of tractor and ran off the road while towing a sprayer and tangled with a tree.

Without knowing model of tractor it is hard to say if he lacked the correct size of tractor for implement.

Specs for implement. I would suspect support wheels for wider wing width but may also be an option. They have extremely long tongues and once they start weaving it will take a lot of experience to bring it back under
control.

TF212 MODELS​

Working WidthTransport WidthBase
Width
Wing Width (Each)Weight (13" Baskets)
20'13'–5"12'4'4,415 lbs
22'13'–5"12'5'4,645 lbs
23'13'–5"12'5'4,760 lbs
24'13'–5"12'6'4,875 lbs
26'13'–5"12'7'5,105 lbs
27'13'–5"12'7'5,220 lbs
28'13'–5"12'8'5,235 lbs
29'13'–5"12'8'5,450 lbs
30'13'–5"12'9'5,565 lbs
31'13'–5"12'9'5,680 lbs
32'13'–5"12'10'5,795 lbs
33'13'–5"12'10'5,910 lbs
34'13'–5"12'11'6,025 lbs
35'13'–5"12'11'6,140 lbs

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #29  
Seems odd the tractor looks to be turned around laying backwards. Going to fast and the implements Blades don't look to be in the position to be mowing. No uncut pass so he may not have been mowing. Hauling !!! down the Rd.? We've all pretty much BTDT. My BA. F-250 They Chipped the motor. True. How do I know. 3500rpms. 4th lockup. 373 they kill the Ing.. Frist trip to Fla. Int.75 late night. My father retired from ford and one of his dealers offered it to him. They window sticker states not to be used as a Emergency Veh... :rolleyes:

/ Fatal Tractor Rollover #30  
Seems odd the tractor looks to be turned around laying backwards. Going to fast and the implements Blades don't look to be in the position to be mowing. No uncut pass so he may not have been mowing. Hauling !!! down the Rd.? We've all pretty much BTDT. My BA. F-250 They Chipped the motor. True. How do I know. 3500rpms. 4th lockup. 373 they kill the Ing.. Frist trip to Fla. Int.75 late night. My father retired from ford and one of his dealers offered it to him. They window sticker states not to be used as a Emergency Veh... :rolleyes:
mowing? Before offering any opinion you better know what an implement is and what is going on. I even provided a link above that you could have looked at to educate yourself.