Father left this world

/ Father left this world #11  
I am very sorry for your loss. Having lost both of my parents, I understand where you are right now. Sure sounds like your Dad was blessed with a good Son, Daughter-in-law and family. May God bless and comfort all of you.

/ Father left this world #12  
So sorry for you loss. Sounds like he was a great man and lived a very good life. You were fortunate you reconciled and was there with him during the last couple days.

My Dad up in MO. is now 87 and has lived longer than any one in the family. He still gets around pretty well and weedeats and mows their 8 acres on a ZT. I call him at least once a month and try to get up to visit every 3-6 months as We never know when his time will be up.
I am blessed that we never had any friction in our relationship, I always respected him (I learned over the years that he has equal respect for me) and knew I could learn from him. I thought that was how most Father/son relationships were until I got older and heard so many stories like yours.

Thank you for telling us about him and God bless you and your family in this time of loss.

Last edited:
   / Father left this world #13  
Sorry to read about your loss. You've got to love them while you have them and let them know. Nobody has reported back from the other side of the grave of prayers getting through.

/ Father left this world #14  
Sorry for your loss Sig. I think you've been an excellent son. Can't say I didn't shed a tear at the end of your post.

And good on your Dad for living a great life. As tough as this time is, celebrate his legacy. Sounds like a heck of a guy!

/ Father left this world #15  
My dad was 89 when he fell and couldn’t get up. Didn’t break any bones that we know of. Transported to the hospital and died within 24 hours. He may have had internal injuries from complications of a fall off a 2 story house when he was 55. He had many internal operations at that time.

/ Father left this world #16  
So very sorry for your loss. What a difficult time. Praying that you have comfort in the difficult days ahead.

/ Father left this world #17  
Sorry for your loss. I lost my mother a couple years back to alzheimer's. It was a long, slow painful to watch process. Im not sure which is worse.Fast and fairly unexpected, Or how alzheimer's works. Both have their pains and blessings.

/ Father left this world #18  
Wonder if your dad fell because something was already accelerating his decline and the first sign was it also caused his fall. So, the other way around. To me, that makes a difference in agonizing over his fall while alone vs mourning that it was his time to go.

/ Father left this world #19  
I am sorry that you lost your father. But I glad that he had such a full and eventful life. I hope you and your family can celebrate the memories and success of your father. He will live within your memories and many others for years. I lost my father in 1986. I still hear him today - everyday. Seems like, no matter how old, it is a surprise.

/ Father left this world #20  
Dang Sig! That got me all misty eyed! I am sorry for your great loss.

He is with Mama now! Rest in Peace!