Favorite diesel can?

/ Favorite diesel can? #41  
I use these, or something like these, what I have is not what is pictured so what you get may be slightly different than what's pictured https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014VAGV70/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
I've used these for several years. I have two bought one, found one on the highway. That one needed some work, repaired the cuts with a plastic welder the fuel valve assembly spent $15 on parts from SureCan. Lower $ if direct from company too.

/ Favorite diesel can? #42  
I thought about a used tank from a tractor trailer and making a storage tank out of it. Fill it with 5gal jugs and empty it the same way into the tractors. I'm not worried about the extra work just the price going up and quantity going down.

/ Favorite diesel can? #43  
I will be using my 2.5 gal oil plastic oil cans
no worry about getting anything extra for them
and very easy to fill tank on top of hood

willy
T6 at wally world was $23.52 gal

/ Favorite diesel can? #44  
Bought two of these for when I have the equipment out away from the bulk tank. I really like them.

1681691139696.png

/ Favorite diesel can? #45  
I have a furnace in my garage with a 250 Gal tank, I only burn about 50 gal. a year to heat it and I have a pump on the tank, I fill my tractor with Whenever they deliver oil to my home they top off the garage tank too

/ Favorite diesel can? #46  
I can't lift a 5 gal can to fill my SCUT. I bought a 12 volt pump from Harbor Freight. I place it on the floorboard and suck from a can I sit on the ground. My neighbor recently sold the land ($5.25 million) where is farming operation was based and moved everything to the field next to my home. That includes a 1500 gal diesel tank. I wonder if they lock the pump?

/ Favorite diesel can? #47  
I would ask him if you could just buy it from him when you need it. Especially if it isn't that often

/ Favorite diesel can? #48  
Everyone has different fueling problems and considerations. When I was in business I had two service trucks with custom made 120 gallon tanks and pumps of course. I wasn’t far to fill it and fast on both ends . Since I quit working for others 18 years ago it has been 5 gallon containers I spotted new while on trip for $5 each. I had my truck with a shell on so I bout all 12 right then. I had to add my own vents but they have the short bent nozzles and I could dump them into my houseboat tanks two at a time and they would rest on the deck for most of the fuel to drain. Since sold the boat.
Today for me I live in the foothills near Yosemite and it’s a drive to get fuel and hauling a caddy would be a pain since I have various things in my truck when I make my weekly trek to town 40 miles.
Plus unloading would be a pain. So it’s 5s with a bent nozzle and vents. Some machines like my 36’ forklift they rest on the tank and mostly drain themselves.
I have always wanted to get some EPA or CARB know-it-all to come and stand on the ripper of my tractor and empty 8 of those gurgling pieces of crap they want people to use. I will even volunteer to hand one up occasionally.

/ Favorite diesel can? #49  
I know it's not what you were looking for, but I just use a plastic 5 gallon can and add a vent, so it pours faster. I bought a 5 or 10-pack of vents from amazon similar to these: https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Blitz-Scepter-Essence-Midwest/dp/B00Z3TQZJ8/ THey make a huge differenc ein the time it takes to pour out a 5 gallon can.

For fuel cans, among the modern offerings, I prefer the type that has the pur trigger activated by a tab on the side of the spout that is pushed against the rim of the tractor's fill port. That way, there is no extra button for me to hold.

I do have on of the No Spill (by Stens?) fuel cans that requires you to push on a button on the back of the spout with your thumb. That's a bit of a pain when pouring 5 gallons from those slow spouts, especially if the can is in an awkward position. Adding the vent to those cans speeds things up enough that I don't mind it much anymore.

/ Favorite diesel can? #50  
I got one of these for $25 from a neighbor. Works great but on the heavier side

This is what I use. Its a great can. Seals tight and doesn't pour until you pull the handle.
The flexible nozzle works really well. I put a rubber floor mat on the loader arm and tilt it in.
I second the people who said the 3901 is economical. Even at 2000rpm grading my steep driveway its not bad, I can go a full day. So I usually only put 4-4.5 gallons in the can.