FEL Cylinder Holder

/ FEL Cylinder Holder #1  

Deere Dude

Elite Member
Beaver Dam Wisconsin then to Hohenwald, TN
Tractor
John Deere 3720
Cylinder Holder.jpg

I had misgivings about working under a raised FEL and was looking for a way to make it somewhat safer. Ideas from others were to put it up against a tree, put a stand under it, something with boards under it and some suggeested putting cometjhing on cylinder shaft, so I did that.

I made two of these contraptions the other day and thought others could benefit from it.

I put sump pump hose around the shaft so I wouldn't ding it. Then I welded a couple 1-1/4 angle irons together along with a couple fittings so a bolt could hold it in place, just in case.

The confidence level is up on this. I painted it pink so I would be sure to see it, although it wasn't necessary.

/ FEL Cylinder Holder #2  
Wouldn't be safer to remove the loader 5 minutes just wondering.

/ FEL Cylinder Holder #3  
As long as it fits tight enough i like the idea :) So much safer than some things i have seen and they can be used at the location where you need to work on the tractor.

/ FEL Cylinder Holder
Wouldn't be safer to remove the loader 5 minutes just wondering.

If I was going to have a major undertaking in the engine department, yes, I would probably take the FEL off. But for changing oil or light maintenance I figured this was a very safe way to go and only takes a minute.

/ FEL Cylinder Holder #5  
Like it, also an angle, like 3 x 3 could do the same trick.
Fact I should make a set as my FEL always creeps down on its own, but not enough to spend on a new valve set.