Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #801  
Turbo lost any credibility with me as well. People who brag are a nobody in my experience. The farmer we buy hay from beyond what we raise it would be shocking knowing the value of his farms, equipment and buildings. He sells hay to locals as well as states away...multi-multi millionaires.
Braggadocious people lose credibility that point forward.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #802  
Of course you are and insulting me and a bunch of other good hard working people here, too.
You have no idea how wrong you are. Insults of people who use tractors to make a living as in my case, or a hobby for others won’t get you far on a tractor website.
But keep going. It’s hilarious to watch.
There’s millionaires here who run tractors or other equipment and own beautiful homes and farms. My advice to you is quit running us down.
Again for you because you seem to not understand what I’m saying, this is only aimed at you. I know there are lots of hard-working people on this forum. I also know that most of them don’t have the holier than thou attitude that you keep throwing out there. If you don’t agree with someone you tell them they’re stupid or you’re shocked or I can’t understand it.
there’s never a soft response to some thing that you don’t agree with you always go for the jugular.

I responded the way I did because you tried to define me in your terms. You don’t know anything about me, but yet you want to make up things so that you can label me.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #803  
Turbo lost any credibility with me as well. People who brag are a nobody in my experience. The farmer we buy hay from beyond what we raise it would be shocking knowing the value of his farms, equipment and buildings. He sells hay to locals as well as states away...multi-multi millionaires.
It wasn’t aimed at you, I was just simply pointing out that I’m not the person that Haydude wants to paint me as. When someone insinuates that I am not intelligent, or I am not successful, I feel compelled to post the evidence to the contrary.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #804  
I am one of those self-important horse people that buys hay. Your contributions to this forum have earned you the status of #2 on my Ignore list. Fire away with your comments, I won't see them.
This is a quote from one of Hay Dudes posts in the past:

"As soon as hay prices go up 50% or double, a substantial chunk of horse owners will cut or cull their horses.
Many horse people live in debt. They’re fantasizers and pikers. They will buy hay before they clothe their kids. lol"

So, as you can see, I was only commenting on his own belief that horse people are self important.

There are good horse owners are bad horse owners. My next-door neighbor maintains a very large estate with thousands of feet of white fence yet never rides their horses! They refer to them as "field statues."

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #805  
There are some here who struggle to buy a needed tractor to care for their property and there are some who are very well off who never promote themselves as such. It takes talent to piss both groups off. Well done.

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #806  
I am a guy that started three manufacturing companies and sold them for a bunch of money. Unlike you I don't screw around on a big lawnmower, selling grass to self important horse people. My contributions to society were products that people actually need and use.
So ... why are you are on a tractor forum website pretending to be a tractor owner when your supposedly a rich important dude who looks down on tractor owners?

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #807  
Are we officially done with the solar farm discussion now? I think this thread will find its way into one of our newsletters so I'm hoping we can keep it open for everybody to participate.

Running anybody down, however tempting that may be on the internet, isn't in the spirit of our forum. We try to let even the loud mouths throw their two cents in because every few years you get your money's worth.

All joking aside, we will be deleting any further comments that are off topic or conflicts between members

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #808  
Yep! That is so true. There are members here who I assumed to be “blue collar/average joe” only to find out they are sitting on valuable acreage or own large companies and are worth millions. I didn’t find out because they bragged. One or 2 of them really surprised me. :)

Last edited:
   / Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation
Are we officially done with the solar farm discussion now? I think this thread will find its way into one of our newsletters so I'm hoping we can keep it open for everybody to participate.

Running anybody down, however tempting that may be on the internet, isn't in the spirit of our forum. We try to let even the loud mouths throw their two cents in because every few years you get your money's worth.

All joking aside, we will be deleting any further comments that are off topic or conflicts between members

Thank you.

As the original poster I have tried to stay out of the discussion and relay info to my daughter. As it stands there will be 600+ acres with all the trees clearcut off. This is nearly a mile square. At the meeting they said they would not get closer than 300' to a residence. Some of the people on the side roads will be surrounded on three sides by panels with the fourth side across the road also covered. The solar panels will be against the property line except for around their residence. How can you sell a house on an acre lot with panels on all four sides?

RSKY

/ Fighting 'Solar Farm' Installation #810  
Thank you.

As the original poster I have tried to stay out of the discussion and relay info to my daughter. As it stands there will be 600+ acres with all the trees clearcut off. This is nearly a mile square. At the meeting they said they would not get closer than 300' to a residence. Some of the people on the side roads will be surrounded on three sides by panels with the fourth side across the road also covered. The solar panels will be against the property line except for around their residence. How can you sell a house on an acre lot with panels on all four sides?

RSKY
Ok...here's a thought (Muhammad will like, it insults no one). Follow my logic please:
Solar panels are being installed to supply more power to the grid...correct?
We "need" more power because of all the EV chargers...correct?
EVs are to lower CO2...correct? That's what we're told anyway.
To install those panels 600+ acres of trees are destroyed. Trees take in CO2, give off O...correct?
Does any of this make any logical sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.