filter costs

/ filter costs #1  

bironacad

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 3045/2010
Just did a hydraulics\transmission fluid change (34.6 odd litres) were I was charged $200 for filters. The two hydraulic filters and the oil filter. This was from Bob Marks in Cambelford, Ontario, Canada, a New Holland dealer. Checked out the filters online and that seems to be the OEM prices and was wondering if there are any good alternatives. I am not in a rush as it took me several years to get to where I needed to do the fluid change. Thanks

2010 Boomer 3045 CVT

/ filter costs #2  
Most all the filter manufacturer websites have cross reference look up. Donaldson and Fleetguard have great reputations.

/ filter costs #3  
I get good prices off ebay and usually free shipping. Recently got a hydraulic filter for my 3910 (45ish HP) for $18 free shipping. Oil filters for older Fords are the Motorcraft FL-1A and wallyworld has them for 5-6 bucks.

/ filter costs #4  
I've been running NAPA filters in my 3930 and JD for a long time. Spend a little time cross referring your NH filters to some major brands like Wix or Purolator to make it easy on the store guys to find the right one. They're a lot less than OEMs and I've had no ill effects.

/ filter costs
Well that is a start. Thanks I have been able to get the oil
Filters that way but the big hydraulic filter not so much.

/ filter costs
Thanks, will try later today and let you know how it goes. I was just searching their number without going to a specific manufacturer.

/ filter costs #7  
Another eBay shopper here. Put the NH number in the search and sort the results by price.

I also compare some oil filters with on the shelf Motorcraft. My backhoe has a FL1A on it. My diesel generator has a Mororcraft filter on it but I don't recall the number off hand.

Just spent$100+ bucks on air filters for my JD and NH off ebay but also saved about that much.

/ filter costs #8  
Like Fishheadbob, I get my filters from NAPA.

Not in Napa Ca, from NAPA. I have driven past NAPA in Napa Ca though :D

/ filter costs #9  
My God - $200 for three filters. I use strictly Kubota filters - fuel - $12 Engine oil - $14 Hydraulic - $23 each Air - inner, $18 outer $23

That's $113 for six filters.

/ filter costs
Yup
Cool prices for your Kabota

Fortunately only have to do it every 300 hours