Finally started building the barn

/ Finally started building the barn #21  
I just sigh...... Such a beautiful and useful structure. I have covered storage but it's all carport stalls. A question Robert - what is the black band around the base of the barn?

I’m going to guess and say the band is for simply for looks - just a different color siding.

We did the same - my wife wanted 2 different colors simply for a look. Grey siding on top with a red on the bottom.

IMG_0812.JPG

/ Finally started building the barn
Are you talking about the 4' wainscoting or the black gap below the treated base board. The gap is because I need to finish grading the gravel outside.
I just sigh...... Such a beautiful and useful structure. I have covered storage but it's all carport stalls. A question Robert - what is the black band around the base of the barn?

Doors arrived in July (13 month wait)
20220712_193849.jpg

/ Finally started building the barn #25  
can you lose that power pole? sure seems to be in the way.

/ Finally started building the barn #27  
One suggestion, hopefully helpful. Anything you think of you may want to do a year or so...do it now. My goof here years ago after garage built we immediately filled it with cars. I should have insulated it before anything went in. I had a hard time working around things, wiring, plumbing, etc.
The electric, water, telephone, alarm, etc. I would have buried in conduit also. I did do that with horse stable built 3 years ago.

One suggestion, hopefully helpful. Anything you think of you may want to do a year or so...do it now. My goof here years ago after garage built we immediately filled it with cars. I should have insulated it before anything went in. I had a hard time working around things, wiring, plumbing, etc.
The electric, water, telephone, alarm, etc. I would have buried in conduit also. I did do that with horse stable built 3 years ago.
Everything is on wheels so it's easy to empty out (done it twice already to host a party and a wedding). Electric is done for now, concrete should be this spring.

/ Finally started building the barn #29  
13 months seems extreme, but not unbelievable considering how hard it's become at getting things in the last two years.

I'm building a 3 car garage addition onto my house and I'm nowhere near ready for garage doors, but I ordered the first one in November and it's supposed to be a 3 month wait. So far, all I have is a receipt that I paid for it, nothing else since then. I should call and talk to somebody, but I really don't want to sit around on hold.

Your doors look great!!!!

13 months seems extreme, but not unbelievable considering how hard it's become at getting things in the last two years.

I'm building a 3 car garage addition onto my house and I'm nowhere near ready for garage doors, but I ordered the first one in November and it's supposed to be a 3 month wait. So far, all I have is a receipt that I paid for it, nothing else since then. I should call and talk to somebody, but I really don't want to sit around on hold.

Your doors look great!!!!
From what I was told they just couldn't get the materials to build these doors. Even when I did finally get them they sent the wrong torsion bars. They got one right away but it took almost 2 more months until the 2nd one arrived. The bars are just 1.25" solid round stock but I guess that was in short supply as well.