Finding that car again!

/ Finding that car again! #1  

turbo36

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD X739 AWS (3), 2016 Toolcat, JD 2038R
If you could find the one car you wish you never sold would you buy it back?
I've been looking for this car for a long time, it's not exactly the one that got away but exact except for the engine/tranny combo. Should be in my garage in 2-3 weeks. 1965 Plymouth Belvedere II, 383 4 barrel, with the Factory Hurst 4-speed. All numbers matching.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 234
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 170
   / Finding that car again! #2  
I've been looking for this car for a long time, it's not exactly the one that got away but exact except for the engine/tranny combo. Should be in my garage in 2-3 weeks. 1965 Plymouth Belvedere II, 383 4 barrel, with the Factory Hurst 4-speed. All numbers matching.

Always nice when one comes home...

I would say it was the 64 T-Bird Convertible in Blue Metallic with all the goodies...

I really loved that car and had the money to pay cash for it... didn't to any good being 14 years old... Dad sold it and that was the last time I saw it... he took it in trade on another car and was afraid if any of the top motors stopped working it would cost more to fix than it was worth...

/ Finding that car again! #3  
:thumbsup:
When I was in HS my father sold the 1962 Willys pickup that he bought new... 2 years later when I had graduated and was truck shopping. it was for sale again. I still kick myself for not buying it. At about the same time my friend let a Challenger go for next to nothing... it had the typical Mopar wiring problems, but the body and running gear were fine. I wish I
had bought both & parked them in a barn.

That's a nice car that you just bought.

/ Finding that car again! #4  
I would like to get another '73/74 Roadrunner. Although by that time, the performance numbers were lower, I liked that body style best.

Mine was a '74, white with black stripe, black interior. It got wrecked though...

/ Finding that car again! #5  
I like your car. Just my personal taste, but that car would look great with the small hub caps and painted wheels.

/ Finding that car again! #6  
I still have my classic. I've tried to sell it once (no takers) and every time I think about selling it all these little voices pop up and tell me "NO!". Those voices would be my family! :laughing:

/ Finding that car again! #7  
Not that I had back, but one I should have bought for $4000 in 1981 - basically as this car in the link below. All original with 2 owners and 88k on the clock.

thewestcoastclassics.com

/ Finding that car again! #8  
I still have my classic. I've tried to sell it once (no takers) and every time I think about selling it all these little voices pop up and tell me "NO!". Those voices would be my family! :laughing:

I still have my 70 Chevelle SS 396 that my dad "made" me buy while I was in college...Ain't parting with it. It's sitting in the back of the shop covered up and waiting for a motor rebuild...Someday.

/ Finding that car again! #9  

That's a beautiful car..Congrats!!!

/ Finding that car again! #10  
Not that I had back, but one I should have bought for $4000 in 1981 - basically as this car in the link below. All original with 2 owners and 88k on the clock.

thewestcoastclassics.com

I liked my 68 Z28 well enough... flew all the way back to Charlottesville Virgina to buy it and drive it back home to California at age 18... my 12 year old brother went with me.

It was totally stock and low mileage... not loaded with creature comforts... Z28 package.

Today... I think I would have more fun with an old T-Bird Convertible... all the modern comforts and room for the family...

I did sell the Z to help pay for college... I guy flew out from Chicago and drove it home.