Fixed my stability problem....

/ Fixed my stability problem.... #1  

mbohuntr

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533
After 2 years of being cautious with my tippy 1533, I finally had a wake up call... I was moving a bucket load of dirt about 3 feet off the ground, I backed around a gentle slope, and one of the rear tires came off the ground... PUCKER!!!!!

Enough messin around! 20181012_073235_1539869795559_resized.jpg20181012_091051_1539869796748_resized.jpg

/ Fixed my stability problem.... #2  
What you have done is virtually no improvement for what happened. You need more weight on the back to help that.

/ Fixed my stability problem....
No, tires are not loaded, but I had the Backhoe on at the time...

/ Fixed my stability problem.... #5  
Good move on widening your rear tires. It will make a difference now as long as your weighted in the rear. I don't know if a backhoe lessened your center of gravity but it was weight non the less.

/ Fixed my stability problem.... #6  
I have the similar machine (1538) with the tires filled and feel like it’s been fairly stable. But honestly I think the bigger issue the reflective triangle isn’t centered- that definitely is throwing the balance off!

/ Fixed my stability problem.... #7  
I'd suggest getting the tires filled with Rim Guard beet juice. That plus the wider set tires should handle stability issues. Uneven slopes are no friend to tractors still. You always want the weight low.

/ Fixed my stability problem....
I have ran an L30 with the outriggers out because it was so tippy, saved me more than once. I never expected this time it would lift. Must have dropped the front tire in a small hole to lift like that...
It feels a lot better now, still won't trust it for a while...