Fixing a loose bucket?

/ Fixing a loose bucket? #1  

Joe Batt

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 1250
I have a Massey Ferguson 1250 (1600 hours with a Woods 1012 FEL. I use it to move round bales, clean out the sheep barn, and light excavation with the FEL and box loader in fence rows and ditches.
tractor.jpg

The pins behind the bucket are getting sloppy. I thought I was greasing it enough, but maybe not and I know I use it to the max weight when I'm moving round bales. (like I have to roll the bucket before I lift or it will not lift).

I see bucket pin and bushing kits for CAT. Is there something similar for light duty equipment like this? Just the pins from Messick's are $70 each and that doesn't address the not so round holes. Woods Dual 1012 Loader Parts

Thanks for any pointers.

/ Fixing a loose bucket? #2  
Have a new set machined from bar stock, exactly what I did but I own the machine tools.

/ Fixing a loose bucket? #3  
google "Machine shop" in your town, they might be able to help you... even the closed down one, call the number, they might still have the equipment for personal use ;)

/ Fixing a loose bucket? #4  
Woods might have a bushing kit, but most of these small loaders just have welded in bushings.

Around here, there are a few mobile shops that do pin and bushing re-building with onsite welding and line boring. They will weld and re-bore the pin locations too. But this is typically for big equipment. Might be worth talking to someone though.

/ Fixing a loose bucket? #5  
Do your pins turn in the bucket? Shouldn't. All our six none turn in the bucket. We handle thousands of large bales each year. No loose ones.