fixing ruts in field with tall grass

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #11  
You don't say how long these ruts are. I'd get a load of fill material and fill the ruts and back drag them smooth.
Sand works good on existing grass. Grass usually comes right back up thru it. If you can mix the sand with a little top soil, that's the best.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #12  
You got ruts in well grassed ground? Cultivate the area and then a drag to level it. You got lots of tractor.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #13  
I wouldn’t rip up the grass. Just bring in some fill dirt and fill the ruts.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #14  
I would ask the people who built the barn to restore the ground to the condition it was before they started.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #15  
Pack up your family and belongings.,....move into the city where everything is covered in concrete. End of problem.\

;)

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #16  
Pack up your family and belongings.,....move into the city where everything is covered in concrete. End of problem.\

;)
Except that the concrete is being torn up all summer long to replace the sewers after the road was re-paved last year.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #17  
I agree with hiring a dozer. Last month, I hired a local guy. He was $150 per hour and used an old D5. He could do more more work in 1 day than with the dozer than I can do in 2 weeks on my tractor and do a better job. All though it can be done with a tractor, a dozer is better suited for grading and filling.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #18  
I would ask the people who built the barn to restore the ground to the condition it was before they started.
Why, are they to fault for the weather and ground conditions at the OP's location.
I would expect that he would rather they did ruts then not do the building.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #19  
Why, are they to fault for the weather and ground conditions at the OP's location.
I would expect that he would rather they did ruts then not do the building.
I don’t know how his contract is written, but most contracts do require those things to be addressed and fixed by the contractor. We do this with logging all the time. Called project close out provisions.

/ fixing ruts in field with tall grass #20  
Mow the grass and then rake it into the ruts. Rinse and repeat.