Flat faced couplers

/ Flat faced couplers #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
Thx in advance...

I致e hooked up the 4 in 1 bucket 4-6 times in last 6 months. Very first connection to couplers was a breeze.

Next time couldn稚 get them to connect, like pushing against a brick wall. Read on internet to turn key to run but don稚 start. Then hit both 3rd valve buttons to relieve pressure. It worked, that time.

It seems now, sometimes it works, sometimes not. I知 convinced it痴 me not knowing what I知 doing.

I just hooked it up, first coupler not too bad, second took 10 minutes of button pressing and handle jiggling and almost more force than I could offer. Weakling!

Any suggestions?

Thx

/ Flat faced couplers #2  
Welcome to FF connectors.

The slightest pressure will make them impossible to connect. Temperature variance is usually enough to do this.

Fortunately, I have a manual AUX spool, so I have to shut the machine off and activate the spool one way and the other to relieve pressure. Sometimes more than once.

Worst case, you have to crack a line. I try not to park implements with cylinders at end of stroke, or under load. This seems to help a bit.

You don't say where you are. I carry a propane torch all winter, as the slightest freezing moisture adds yet another issue for these couplers.

/ Flat faced couplers #3  
Often covered topic.

I made a bar clamp to couple the QDs. Don’t have to use it much but handy when I do. Doesn’t take much force, just more than I can do now. Works 100% of the time.
IMG_1089.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG
eBay has similar clamp idea.

I connect the ends together on the attachment when storing.
Cycling the buttons with the key on but engine off on the tractor. Hot tractor you have to move fast or have a friend.

Might try disconnecting and trying to connect the hard one first.

I got a Waite tool to relieve pressure but haven’t tried it yet.

If you loosen a fitting pick a jic.

/ Flat faced couplers #4  
As are 99.9999% of the topics here it seems.

/ Flat faced couplers
Welcome to FF connectors.

The slightest pressure will make them impossible to connect. Temperature variance is usually enough to do this.

Fortunately, I have a manual AUX spool, so I have to shut the machine off and activate the spool one way and the other to relieve pressure. Sometimes more than once.

Worst case, you have to crack a line. I try not to park implements with cylinders at end of stroke, or under load. This seems to help a bit.

You don't say where you are. I carry a propane torch all winter, as the slightest freezing moisture adds yet another issue for these couplers.

Thank you

I’m in hot sweaty and mostly rainy NC.

Thx to all. I figured it was operator error.

Seems to me the one time it went easy was a buddy might have held the buttons while I made connection?

/ Flat faced couplers
That is cool.

Seems a shame you gotta go thru that but then again, I know nothing about it.

/ Flat faced couplers
That is cool.

Seems a shame you gotta go thru that but then again, I know nothing about it.

/ Flat faced couplers #8  
The problem is the line pressure in the 4/1 bucket, not the tractor. Relieve the pressure on the 4/1 bucket lines.

/ Flat faced couplers #9  
Always easier with a buddy.

Took me awhile to develop techniques and a tool to deal with the flat face disconnects puzzle. Now rarely have problems or need a tool. Ever buy or make tool and the problem goes away? Easy to keep clean particularly the female side. Use three sets on my backhoe to tractor connection.

They do make threaded collar disconnects for connecting under pressure. B20 had one for the rear trencher boom. Enterpac uses them for 10,000psi hydraulics.