3-Point Hitch Float position

/ Float position #1  

bbarenis

Tractor
2014 m6060
I’m a novice here and just purchased a 2014 M6060 last week. After reading a thread about box blading , my question here is “ does this tractor have a float system for the bucket and 3point hitch “? I asked this as I’ve not heard of float mode before on this tractor unless it’s how you adjust the front loader and or 3pt . Thank You for any help .

/ Float position #2  
The 3pt has only hydraulic lift, so it floats naturally.
The loader should have float on the lift valve if you push it one detention position past the down position.

/ Float position
I didn’t mention that the 3pt is a hydraulic hitch . Does your draft control help you maintain the 3pt while box blading or cutting ? Also , where is the lift valve for the front loader located?
The tractor didn’t come with a manual so I’m working on having one printed . Thank You

/ Float position
The 3pt has only hydraulic lift, so it floats naturally.
The loader should have float on the lift valve if you push it one detention position past the down blading

/ Float position
Tractor tech ,
The 3pt is a hydraulic one . Does the draft lever help you control your 3pt while cutting or blading ? Also, where is that lift valve located for the float for the loader ? I don’t have a manual yet but plan to soon . Thanks for your help !

/ Float position
I also somewhat see how the draft positions work . I just haven’t physically used the draft lever .

/ Float position #7  
You should also get a parts list so you can
find all the stuff where its located and it
should come with part numbers so you can
purchase what you need

willy

/ Float position #8  
I also somewhat see how the draft positions work . I just haven’t physically used the draft lever .
Okay, so the hydraulic cylinders on the hitch just assist the one under the top cover under the seat. Again, only hydraulic power up. You cannot lift the tractor by lowering the hitch.

The position control sets the position of the 3pt. The hitch will move to a position when you move the lever.

Draft control senses the draft or load on the hitch. If you move the lever all the way down, there is no effect or it is basically off. As you move the lever through the range, it increases the draft sensitivity.
When you have a box blade on the tractor, you set the position to where you want the blade. Then, you increase the draft until it just starts to lose the load of dirt in the box. You then drop it slightly or decrease the draft sensitivity so that it maintains roughly the same amount of dirt in the box to help fill.

Draft control essentially does the job that you do increasing and decreasing the position of the blade to maintain a certain amount of dirt in the box.

The joystick for the loader (should have one) is the loader valve I am referring to. Push the lever forward to lower the loader, then push a little further forward to put into float. It should click in and stay there.

/ Float position #9  
Okay, so the hydraulic cylinders on the hitch just assist the one under the top cover under the seat. Again, only hydraulic power up. You cannot lift the tractor by lowering the hitch.

The position control sets the position of the 3pt. The hitch will move to a position when you move the lever.

Draft control senses the draft or load on the hitch. If you move the lever all the way down, there is no effect or it is basically off. As you move the lever through the range, it increases the draft sensitivity.
When you have a box blade on the tractor, you set the position to where you want the blade. Then, you increase the draft until it just starts to lose the load of dirt in the box. You then drop it slightly or decrease the draft sensitivity so that it maintains roughly the same amount of dirt in the box to help fill.

Draft control essentially does the job that you do increasing and decreasing the position of the blade to maintain a certain amount of dirt in the box.

The joystick for the loader (should have one) is the loader valve I am referring to. Push the lever forward to lower the loader, then push a little further forward to put into float. It should click in and stay there.
Good info especially on setting draft control

/ Float position #10  
More on the draft control. When the lever gets set for a higher position than the implement is currently at, it will rise, at a speed you can't control except that it's proportional to engine speed. When the lever gets set for a lower position, it will fall, and you can adjust that speed. There's probably a knob someplace below the seat, maybe between your shins, maybe even under the seat. It's a valve that controls how fast the implement falls.