3-Point Hitch Float position

/ Float position
More on the draft control. When the lever gets set for a higher position than the implement is currently at, it will rise, at a speed you can't control except that it's proportional to engine speed. When the lever gets set for a lower position, it will fall, and you can adjust that speed. There's probably a knob someplace below the seat, maybe between your shins, maybe even under the seat. It's a valve that controls how fast the implement falls.
Yes there is a speed knob behind the seat for this for slow , fast & lock.

/ Float position #12  
Okay, so the hydraulic cylinders on the hitch just assist the one under the top cover under the seat.
Kubota M6060 has no hyd cylinder under top cover(rockshaft housing). 3pt hitch is only powered up by external cylinders. Majority of farm tractors including M6060 have no down pressure on 3 pt arms. I was taught yrs ago that draft control was designed to be used only with ""ground engaging implements such as moldboard or chisel plows"".

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-26 092542.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-26 092542.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 84
   / Float position
Okay, so the hydraulic cylinders on the hitch just assist the one under the top cover under the seat. Again, only hydraulic power up. You cannot lift the tractor by lowering the hitch.

The position control sets the position of the 3pt. The hitch will move to a position when you move the lever.

Draft control senses the draft or load on the hitch. If you move the lever all the way down, there is no effect or it is basically off. As you move the lever through the range, it increases the draft sensitivity.
When you have a box blade on the tractor, you set the position to where you want the blade. Then, you increase the draft until it just starts to lose the load of dirt in the box. You then drop it slightly or decrease the draft sensitivity so that it maintains roughly the same amount of dirt in the box to help fill.

Draft control essentially does the job that you do increasing and decreasing the position of the blade to maintain a certain amount of dirt in the box.

The joystick for the loader (should have one) is the loader valve I am referring to. Push the lever forward to lower the loader, then push a little further forward to put into float. It should click in and stay there.
Tractor tech thanks for explaining this so clearly. Also, on the lowering side lever I have metal knobs you can turn ( I assume they are for setting the lever depth so you don’t go past it ) . They are bent from previous turning or something. I’m going to see about replacing the metal frame and knobs that house the lowering lever .

/ Float position #14  
Kubota M6060 has no hyd cylinder under top cover(rockshaft housing). 3pt hitch is only powered up by external cylinders. Majority of farm tractors including M6060 have no down pressure on 3 pt arms. I was taught yrs ago that draft control was designed to be used only with ""ground engaging implements such as moldboard or chisel plows"".
Thanks for clarifying that there is no lift cylinder under the top cover. It shows my age and lack of knowledge on the Kubota front! A proper 3pt will not have down pressure on the hitch and I can't think of any tractor that does, but I'm sure there are some out there.
As far as the draft control goes, yes, it was designed for ground engaging implements, specifically plows, but it works on any other ground engaging tool such as a box scraper. Myself and many of my dirt moving/grading customers use it as I described as it 'automates' what you already do with the position control. It was intended to keep the plow/tool from plowing too deep or raising out of the ground too far, the same as you would do with the position control if that is all you had, while keeping the tires from slipping too much (up to 15% tire slippage is considered acceptable) and utilizing the horsepower to its best.

/ Float position #15  
I thought about this since I wrote it. I grew up learning to drive my dad's Ford 9N which has only draft control on the hitch (Ferguson System). He had a 3pt disc and I learned quickly how to moderate the control to keep the disc and tractor from bogging down in soft soils.

/ Float position #16  
Thanks for clarifying that there is no lift cylinder under the top cover. It shows my age and lack of knowledge on the Kubota front! A proper 3pt will not have down pressure on the hitch and I can't think of any tractor that does, but I'm sure there are some out there.
Most Belarus tractors have 3pt down pressure. Some IHC tractors had down pressure on 2 point hitches

/ Float position #18  
Yes some Case and JD as well. But most do not
I always envied that when my rippers were skipping over hard ground! But not enough to pay JD or Case prices ;)

/ Float position #19  
A proper 3pt will not have down pressure on the hitch and I can't think of any tractor that does, but I'm sure there are some out there.
I actually happened to ask this question here in another thread some time back, and a few people knew of specific tractors that did.

/ Float position #20  
I actually happened to ask this question here in another thread some time back, and a few people knew of specific tractors that did.
Case 580 skiploader
JD 210 Skiploader