Fogger & insect control help

/ Fogger & insect control help #11  
Gnats, No-see-ums and mosquitos don't damage anything so residual pesticide isn't required. To keep them at bay while outdoors I recommend Sawyer Permethrin on clothes,lawn chairs
That is a good defense against ticks too.

/ Fogger & insect control help #12  
I have used all kinds of bug repellents but to be honest I have found that richard organics flea and tick spray works best on bighting insects..it works just as good as deep woods OFF.
The only other thing i have found that also works is a thermocell. Those things nearly saved my life one camping trip. I own 3 now.

Last edited:
   / Fogger & insect control help #13  
The summer of '76 in Alaska. We built our log cabin. Cut the trees on a government allotment and trailered them to the build site. Two sided with an Alaskan mill. Completed the construction of the 18x24 cabin just before first snow fall.

For anybody who has spent time in Alaska. You know that the mosquitos can be so very bad they are considered a real health concern.

I bought a propane fogger. Like Dodge Man shows - post#3. Used the chemicals recommended by the fogger manufacturer. Fog the specific work site and it did drive the mosquitos away. This would last about 30 minuets and then they were back with a vengeance.

Then my good friend gave me some chemicals use by the military. WOW!!! What a difference. Fog the entire site in the morning - not a single mosquito all day.

It proved to be a REAL God-sent addition to our project.

/ Fogger & insect control help #14  
It's tempting to use one of those, but the environmental damage from spraying all those insecticides is very questionable.

/ Fogger & insect control help #15  
If the issue is primarily mosquitos, try a product called Mosquito Barrier. It’s 99.8% garlic. You spray it using a garden hose and an end of hose dispenser. Very effective in my experience and completely harmless to everything else. Makes your back yard smell like an Italian kitchen for a couple of days though 😆.

Best time to use it is in the evening. Spray everything down including tree foliage. No mosquitoes for several weeks.

/ Fogger & insect control help #16  
North to Alaska - I'm glad to see that modern science has developed eco-friendly mosquito spray products. I'm almost 100% sure that what the military used, back in my days in AK, was DDT or some derivative.

The stuff my friend gave me had that familiar smell when we used it.

/ Fogger & insect control help #17  
We have a bug zapper that entertains us in the evenings when we are sitting on the porch, but for our personal protection, we use a Thermocell. It sits on a small table between me and my wife, and it pretty much keeps everything away from us. I highly recommend it

We've found that the refills are cheaper on Walmart.com then Amazon, but I've also learned that prices change so often that it's worth checking around every time you want to buy something.

/ Fogger & insect control help #18  
Build yourself a Mosquito Sniper system. Use a pump sprayer and a leaf blower & let-er-rip!

/ Fogger & insect control help #19  
Build yourself a Mosquito Sniper system. Use a pump sprayer and a leaf blower & let-er-rip!
For truly portable...a cordless leaf blower!

/ Fogger & insect control help
As I mention earlier the Mosquitos are not a problem. I suspect the bats we have and all the birds especially the Fly Catchers take care of the Mosquitos. We also have outside fires at the firering. The no-see-ums and knats are the problem. I ordered a 110 powered fogger that I can use with my small portable generator and cover the entire 6 acres using my ATV or tractor. I will give you an update once I try it out.