Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #201  
I had to Google it as I'd never heard of it. Seems to have been an Ohio/Pa/Indiana thing.
Spoiler: it's pork, not chicken.
I know that. The name isn't what it really is. Love the stuff, comes breaded and you bake them. Better include Michigan too but here it's called 'Mock Chicken'

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #202  
I like pickled pigs feet too and Pork picnics. Picnics are what pulled pork is made from. I'm getting hungry typing this stuff.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today
Something else we ate growing up that most folks would not do today is chili with coleslaw on top. Ever since I was small we always had chili with coleslaw. It is really good when you put a dab on top of your hot chili bowl.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #204  
Something else we ate growing up that most folks would not do today is chili with coleslaw on top. Ever since I was small we always had chili with coleslaw. It is really good when you put a dab on top of your hot chili bowl.
ok, never heard of that one, Coleslaw on a roast beef sandwich maybe, but Chili?
Guess I would have to try it before talking.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #205  
Dry beef gravy on toast. :)

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #207  
All the posts about SOS made me remember something we used to eat the same nights we'd have SOS...it was called "Eggs Ala Goldenrod"
The same white sauce as the SOS but with diced hard boiled egg whites over toast with the yolks crumbled over top...

To me an "open face" sandwich is sliced tomato on white bread with bacon and American cheese melted under the broiler...

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #208  
Armoire sliced dried beef at One time came in a nice little jar. You popped a metal laid off and then you had a new drinking glass. As I was growing up that was about all the drinking glasses that we ever used.

we often had the dried beef gravy. Often over bread or toast or mashed potatoes. It didn’t really matter it was always good.

/ Foods you ate growing up that most folks don't eat today #209  
Armoire sliced dried beef at One time came in a nice little jar. You popped a metal laid off and then you had a new drinking glass. As I was growing up that was about all the drinking glasses that we ever used.

we often had the dried beef gravy. Often over bread or toast or mashed potatoes. It didn’t really matter it was always good.
You mean the kind that came in a foil envelope and you mixed with with water and heated it up?