For the newbies The best creature comfort add-ons to your tractor To consider when buying

/ For the newbies The best creature comfort add-ons to your tractor To consider when buying #61  
I had Sirius radio in our car I got it to hear music
and I got more crap about "here's what it was like
back in the 50's" etc I was there don't care to here
stuff like that when I'm payin to listen to the music!
So a 32 gb stick put the music on it I want to listen
to bettter to lisaten to what you want instead of there
bull!

IMHO this tractor with a cab has all the conforts
you will need !MEDIA=youtube]4bF9MRncO1k:325[/MEDIA]
this grabby will not cost you a fortune

willy
I agree. The only reason I still use Sirius is that I have lifetime subscription. They used to be all music, little talk.

/ For the newbies The best creature comfort add-ons to your tractor To consider when buying #62  
Just about everything I can think of has been covered. I do like, and use, however, a holder for chains (doubles as holder for branch cutters), and brackets on rear of ROPS to carry shovels or pole saws, and one of those HF magnetic parts holders - keep in on a fender and very useful. There are posts on TbN re DIY chain holders and more.

Other things I would truly miss if I did not have them: chain hooks on FEL, steering wheel knob, quick hitch, and a 'tool' box behind the seat - used for a lot more than just tools. I also like my tilt meter - the pucker factor works but it is nice to have a second opinion.

/ For the newbies The best creature comfort add-ons to your tractor To consider when buying #63  
Legroom, legroom, legroom. :LOL: The CUT I use the most (smallest, FEL bucket, grading, moving trailers) has the least of it & at 6' 2" 175 lb I bet I'm not the tallest guy here, the widest, or have the biggest feet. (11 B)

btw, Just like when testing a gun's fit close your eyes and reach around for the foot controls, gearshift, range selector, joystick, etc. (I've practiced dismounting 'blind' too, .. or which side is easier to get on/off?) IMO if one could find them all in the dark that'd give them some insight into how well the machine fits & feels say when spending long hours in the seat, fatigued, barely awake, drunker 'n ol' "Cooter" Brown, etc. :sneaky:

/ For the newbies The best creature comfort add-ons to your tractor To consider when buying #64  
The cooling fan works so well, added one to the lawn mower

/ For the newbies The best creature comfort add-ons to your tractor To consider when buying #65  
cup holder - coffee is important
clock - to monitor the time as work gets involved and distracting
Lights - that can see around the loader
Block Heater - winters get tough
Kill Switch - as an extra theft prevention tool
This whole thread has been exceptional !

The wants and desires of folks that know their tractors and use them are not to be taken lightly… even the “Thrush stickers” post brings back great memories!!! Thank you!!!

/ For the newbies The best creature comfort add-ons to your tractor To consider when buying #66  
Legroom, legroom, legroom. :LOL: The CUT I use the most (smallest, FEL bucket, grading, moving trailers) has the least of it & at 6' 2" 175 lb I bet I'm not the tallest guy here, the widest, or have the biggest feet. (11 B)

btw, Just like when testing a gun's fit close your eyes and reach around for the foot controls, gearshift, range selector, joystick, etc. (I've practiced dismounting 'blind' too, .. or which side is easier to get on/off?) IMO if one could find them all in the dark that'd give them some insight into how well the machine fits & feels say when spending long hours in the seat, fatigued, barely awake, drunker 'n ol' "Cooter" Brown, etc. :sneaky:
He he he

/ For the newbies The best creature comfort add-ons to your tractor To consider when buying #67  
Cab with double-wide seat and a wench.

View attachment 703152

:)

Bruce
My wench in the house most of the time and handles the cooking, cleaning, and child rearing.

I prefer a canopy over a cab because I use my tractor a lot in the woods and for mowing along hedgerows where cab windows would be destroyed. Also, I am up north where AC is seldom needed.

A block heater, heavy duty loader bucket, and loaded rear tires are the only factory options I added. I prefer the standard gear transmission for most field work, much of which is with ground engaging implements and open field mowing.

Home made a accessories which I added were a hammer holder near the 3 point, a large wood framed, canvas covered removable canopy, a rear work light, bucket bolt on chain hooks, trailer hitch, center tree/ditch scoop, and loader arm mounted sprayer boom.

One factory option ths that was not available on the last new tractor I bought and I would have liked was hydraulic draft control. Fortunately, my antique Ford 8n has that, which makes it better for plowing unless the ground is too wet. If it is the 4wd of the JD trumps the hydraulic draft control.

/ For the newbies The best creature comfort add-ons to your tractor To consider when buying #68  
You are way too cool!!! A canvas covered removable canopy! I think Kubota needs your ingenuity 😁

/ For the newbies The best creature comfort add-ons to your tractor To consider when buying #69  
Here is a picture of the removable canopy. It takes about 2 minutes to put on or take off and weighs about 30 pounds. The canvas was salvaged from an old tent camper that my brother on law scrapped.
20210502_154030.jpg

/ For the newbies The best creature comfort add-ons to your tractor To consider when buying #70  
HST with cruise
Cab with heat and air
Telescopic draft links
Suspension seat
Bucket tilt indicator
Loaded rear tires
Front and rear work lights
These are a few of my favorite things😊