For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor

/ For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor #1  

awesomefx

Tractor
mtd
When I was researching tractors I was leaning towards Kubota. They had a good size dealership and what seemed like a good service department. The problem was, they just did not want to deal. Their attitude was 'we are Kubota, take it or leave it'. So off I went looking for an alternative. When I got to the Mahindra dealer, it was a small dealership with a small service department. When I talked to the salesman he seemed willing to deal and seemed to want my business. He offered to deliver the tractor for no charge and made it sound like if I ever needed service he would be there to help. I ended up buying the tractor and at just about 1 year, 75 hours it would no longer start. I called the dealer and was told that the salesman no longer worked there. I asked the service department if they could send me a copy of the wiring diagram so that I could try to isolate the problem. They sent an illegible copy. I called them back to ask for a clearer copy and never heard back. I tried calling Mahindra corporate and was told three times that they would have someone call me. They never did. I used the forums here to determine that the problem was the fuel shut-off solenoid. (Thanks guys). I contacted Mahindra again to see if the solenoid was covered by the warranty. I was told that the solenoid is not included in the 5 year engine / drive train warranty. I told them that judging from what I've read on the forums the solenoid is a frequent point of failure and that they should do the right thing and replace the solenoid. After a few more phone calls they told me that they would reimburse me for the solenoid if I sent them a copy of my receipt. I should have known better. They never responded. A word of advice to those considering Mahindra. They may be the largest tractor company in the world, but their service is third world. Save yourself some headaches and buy the Kubota.

/ For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor #2  
Sorry to hear your troubles. Good dealers are getting harder to find. The dealer should have been in your corner from the start.
I have a good dealer here and has never hesitated to be helpful. I have not had any issues with my BX but others have nothing but good things to say about them.

/ For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor #3  
That sounds like your dealing with a poor dealership. I would raise cane and insist on getting the dealerships DSR involved. They have the power to get issues resolved. He will be able to tell who and when the unit was sold to by sn# Most dealerships don't take the time to take care of customers. I deal with my DSR all the time and he is great at getting customers issues resolved. If your tractor is a MAX. There are definite issues with the fuel solenoid.

/ For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor #4  
First off, sorry for your troubles. And no, I'm not a dealer. So far my dealer has come through on some minor issues. But, like other's on these forums have stated, I'm sure you can find issues with any other tractor/dealer if you peruse these threads long enough. I'm not trying to say your frustrations arent legit, just sayin'. :)

/ For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor #5  
Sorry to hear. No other Mahindra dealers within reasonable distance? Warranties are with the manufacturer, not the dealer.

/ For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor #6  
My neighbor had a heck of a time with his. 2 years of ownership, 7 months in the shop. First time was part Mahindra and part the dealerships fault. Second time was a different dealer who did a great job but Mahindra took a while to make a warranty decision. He now owns a Kubota!

/ For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor #7  
Sorry to hear about your trouble,but I must comment that service is performed by a local dealer,and that service can either make one happy or leave a lasting impression on a person..With that being said I have had nothing but good experience in my dealer support in three year's of Mahindra ownership (two minor warranty issue's involving fuel line's)and have had approximately a total of 3 hour's of down time.Your local dealer should have gone to bat for you no doubt..I'm not color loyal so that mean's squat to me...and have owned and operated most of the major players in the industry and a few of the oddball's..All I can say is my Mahindra has gone above and beyond the call of duty that I have required of it...And would buy another if need be..
Regard's
Sean

Last edited:
   / For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor #9  

No dog in this fight, but having made a few posts a while back and then this thread would not be a hit piece to me. Just my $0.01

Sounds like a dealer issue to me and bad dealers should be called out. He was more focused on the dealer this time, the problem last time. Not as much of a manufacturer's issue as I see this. For the price of tractors I think he is due a rant.

Last edited:
   / For those considering purchasing a Mahindra tractor #10  
Sorry to hear you had such a lousy experience. One of the reasons I chose Mahindra was my local dealer and how I was treated as a customer from day one.

There's always two sides of the coin. I've had outstanding service from my dealer in the 5+ years/450 hours I've owned my 5035. One warranty issue early on that the dealer (and Mahindra) repaired rapidly at zero cost. Other than that, one minor starting problem I fixed myself. No worries and I'd buy it again.