Ford 1700 overheating and building pressure in radiator

/ Ford 1700 overheating and building pressure in radiator #31  
Thanks guys...I will check out the New Holland forum.

valve leash adjustment you asked. I put it both here and NH forum as well.

JC,

/ Ford 1700 overheating and building pressure in radiator
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks to all that helped me...the seller and I met again a few days ago and he paid for our repairs on the head. I did appologize for the way I spoke to him the first time that I found out about the cracks (that may have helped). We installed the head like you all explained and torqued it to 115 foot pounds, did not have to prime the injectors because we never removed to injector pump or the lines feeding the injectors. We adjusted the valves to the specs given here on this thread and it fired a very short time later. We did learn a lesson about cheap tools tho, we had to use an extension between the torque wrench and the socket due to the placement of the FEL and other components in the way. We were torqueing the final bolt to 115 foot lbs and couldn't get more than 70 foot lbs....it just stayed the same , like we had stripped out the head bolt or nut! After a few tense moments...we saw that the cheap extension was spinning inside the socket. We had heard that we might lose some of or torque due to the twisting of the extension so, we used an impact extension and then rechecked it again not using any extension at all.(they were the same) Soooo...this will be my last post about the cracked head fiasco...thank you all again...God bless!

/ Ford 1700 overheating and building pressure in radiator #33  
Yes it is 4x4 with a loader...I went down today to clean the gasket material off and I found 3 cracks going from the valve seat all the way out to the edge of the combustion area. I finally called the guy, he said that he would try to help us find a replacement head. I don't know if that means he is going to help with the price or not but, I can only hope....state law is "buyer beware". So I will just have to wait and see how it plays out. The amount of build up around the blown head gasket (according to the local machine shop) appears to have been like that for awhile and the fact that it cracked the head in 3 spots shows alot of heat over a long period of time. I will let ya know what happens...gonna go shopping for a new head now...thx again
I have a Ford 1710 that has the exact same issue. I have replaced the water pump, thermostat and radiator. If I start the tractor with the radiator cap off the coolant purges like Old Faithful. If I fill the radiator and leave the cap on it will purge coolant through the overflow tube. I have also flushed the engine, I do not have oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil. I suspect a cracked head or blown head gasket. Would you be so kind to let me know what you were able to do to resolve this issue?

Thank you for your time,

Kirk

/ Ford 1700 overheating and building pressure in radiator #34