Ford 3500 industrial.....HELP

/ Ford 3500 industrial.....HELP #21  
No its not that serious. Any local mechanic from the backyard and small engine repair guy all the way up to the industrial mechanic could install them in no time flat. On an open engine like a tractor even the novice could do it with ease and call in the pro if they run into a problem.

Ya, to have someone repair it ( that knows what their doing ) for around a hundred bucks,
doesn't sound to serious to me either.;)
At that price, I wouldn't bother attempting it myself, ( if I didn't know squat about it ).
But I would take the 50 buck route, since I also went to TLAR school.:p

/ Ford 3500 industrial.....HELP
ok, let me clear up one thing, when I said the plug I should have said plug wire, not the whole plug..... It was doing it on plug 1 & 2 but I put in new plugs and it stopped doing it on #2 but still popping off plug #1.

I took some pics and going to try and load them, so stand by...

thank you all for your responses, sorry to get you going down the wrong road about the plug.

/ Ford 3500 industrial.....HELP #23  
Is there an exhaust leak right there?

Does the plug appear to seal tight?

Does the wire "feel" like it is snapping onto the plug?

Possibly just need a new plug wire?

no exhaust leak from plug area, when I reinsert the wire it snaps on, I will look for new wires.

if it matters its a 3cyl, gas engine.....

I have tried loading photos, however sys there is an error every time.....I will keep trying.

/ Ford 3500 industrial.....HELP #26  
remember.. those 3 banger gassers use that big sealing rubber boot. which means he's getting combustion compression past the plug. make sur ethere is not an old crush ring setting around the plug hole. if there is , or other debris, it will never seal!

ok, I found the serial numbers today and this is what I found out.... but it also raises more questions.
Model 35022G (but since there is no G in the codes, I went with C)
Production: 8D208

So, Thank you, I now know I have a
1968 3000 model industrial, 3cyl gas, 540 Trans PTO, 8speed.

here is my questions:
1. what does 540 trans PTO mean?
2. 8 speed?? I have 1-2-3 forward, 1-2-3 reverse with a high and low.. does the high/low make it the 7th/8th speed?
3. how do I find out the horsepower?

/ Ford 3500 industrial.....HELP #28  
Your PTO will turn 540 rpms with the engine at PTO speed, probably 1800 rpms or so.

If you have a 3 speed with hi-lo, you have a 6 speed. the 8 speed models have a 4 speed with hi-lo.

TractorData.com - information on all makes and models of tractors will tell you the HP and a lot of other info concerning the tractor, limited by the fact that it's an industrial model. But it should tell you HP.

/ Ford 3500 industrial.....HELP #29  
1. You have a transmission driven pto that is rated for 540RPM
2. Prolly a G. Not as common and everything isnt listed on that link
3. Yep. Tractor data

/ Ford 3500 industrial.....HELP #30  
ok, I found the serial numbers today and this is what I found out.... but it also raises more questions.
Model 35022G (but since there is no G in the codes, I went with C)
Production: 8D208

So, Thank you, I now know I have a
1968 3000 model industrial, 3cyl gas, 540 Trans PTO, 8speed.

here is my questions:
1. what does 540 trans PTO mean?
2. 8 speed?? I have 1-2-3 forward, 1-2-3 reverse with a high and low.. does the high/low make it the 7th/8th speed?
3. how do I find out the horsepower?

"540 trans PTO" means that the PTO shaft will turn at 540rpm (standard for common implements like cutters), but only when the clutch is released. If you push in the clutch, the PTO will stop. Some models have a "live" PTO meaning the PTO can be turning while you have the clutch partially depressed....this disengages the transmission, but not the PTO. Other models have an "independent" PTO which turns on and off with a switch, regardless of where the clutch pedal is positioned (it's independent from the transmission).

Something still seems wrong on the model number. If it's really a 3000, they didn't offer the 6 speed transmission until 1970.