Ford 4500 I think

/ Ford 4500 I think #1  

Swblack1216

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti ck25, Ford 4500
OK folks I am officially the proud owner of a Ford 4500 picked it up for two grand after parts paying a mechanic to help me get it started and he also had a big ass truck and trailer to help me get it home a new starter and solenoid. I’m into it for three grand, I will send some pictures. You guys could tell me if it’s worth it. seems to run good .new starter new injector pump. The steering seems loose and starboard out rigger stuck. Obviously needs new seats.lt is 755 backhoe. I think 740 loader. My other tractor is a a Kioti ck25 that I have been overworking. This one I am hoping will help me clear some dense under brush on a wooded four acres of my pacific northwest property. please tell me what you think. I’m not sensitive thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1433.png
    IMG_1433.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1437.png
    IMG_1437.png
    6 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1436.png
    IMG_1436.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1435.png
    IMG_1435.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1434.png
    IMG_1434.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 64
   / Ford 4500 I think #2  
OK folks I am officially the proud owner of a Ford 4500 picked it up for two grand after parts paying a mechanic to help me get it started and he also had a big ass truck and trailer to help me get it home a new starter and solenoid. I’m into it for three grand, I will send some pictures. You guys could tell me if it’s worth it. seems to run good .new starter new injector pump. The steering seems loose and starboard out rigger stuck. Obviously needs new seats.lt is 755 backhoe. I think 740 loader. My other tractor is a a Kioti ck25 that I have been overworking. This one I am hoping will help me clear some dense under brush on a wooded four acres of my pacific northwest property. please tell me what you think. I’m not sensitive thank you.

If you have use for it and can handle miscellaneous repairs I think you did real well. Around me that would probably sell for 5-6K at auction. Congrats! (y)

/ Ford 4500 I think
If you have use for it and can handle miscellaneous repairs I think you did real well. Around me that would probably sell for 5-6K at auction. Congrats! (y)
Cool cool thanks be fixing outrigger first then replacing hydraulic lines a couple at a time. Slap some paint always makes me feel better . A lot to learn thanks again

/ Ford 4500 I think #4  
I think you got a good deal. Just as the loader tractor; the back hoe working is just bonus at that point, as long as it works. Those old 4 stick hoes are kinda a pain too use, but eventually you should be able to master it. I know there are probably guys who used them that could do fine work with 4 stick machines, but its definitely harder to cut a flat bottom trench or do any detail work with them. I assume it's a power shuttle machine? I believe the Ford 4500 was available with a 3 point lift; so if you ever find the back hoe is no longer necessary, you may be able to covert it over to an awesome loader tractor, without the length/slop/weight of a TLB; although, I don't think a conventional PTO conversion would be easily retrofitted.

Last edited:
   / Ford 4500 I think
Thank you. It is the backhoe that I hope get the most use out of with an added Mech thumb. Gotta learn a lot