Ford Ranger is Officially Back

/ Ford Ranger is Officially Back #52  
My dad, has an old ranger splash, and has been waiting forever to get a new ranger, but he thinks they will make it with a regular cab, unfortunately I think it will only be extended, or crew. Colorado is only extended and crew. Anyone have any knowledge?

He also is expecting a non turbo 3+ liter 6cyl.... and hoping for a manual trans...

This is the first time I did not read the entire thread before posting so please forgive me if it was already discussed.

/ Ford Ranger is Officially Back #53  
I thought it looked like a Tacoma.

You have a point. All three look similar to me now that I add the Taco.
39304F69-DF8A-4B6C-8076-A2391CFFE3FE.jpegA3947525-798B-455C-B357-8032C3319508.jpeg613FEDAE-ADDB-4946-A189-E9AB86BB3461.jpeg

/ Ford Ranger is Officially Back #54  
My girlfriend had an 01 ranger, regular cab, manual transmission. she put 200,000 miles on it. I think she paid $13,000 back then? It was a cute little truck. But I actually liked the dakota's better, and I think they should have stayed looking the same as a 'mini full sized' truck. They sure got UGLY in the last gen. I liked how they offered the 5.2 and 5.9 V-8 options back then. Even today, I would still get a V-8 in a mini truck/mid sized if available. Hard for me to say no to an 8 cylinder. BUT, I'm a total gear head so that's expected. I have my eye on an SRT JEEP. :D:D:D

/ Ford Ranger is Officially Back #55  
   / Ford Ranger is Officially Back #56  
The new Tacomas are made more like American cars.

Check out the Australian Toyota workmate 70. Why can't we buy real trucks like that?

/ Ford Ranger is Officially Back #57  
1516189036953.jpg

I'm not a Toyota fan, but that's a real truck.

/ Ford Ranger is Officially Back #60  
I was a little disappointed that the 2.7 ecoboost is not an option. The new Ranger with that engine would put Ford in front in the mid size market, in my opinion.