Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #271  
I believe they do.

4 motors, competition 3.

5 axle ratios, competition 2 or 3

Numerous GVWR 's, competition just a few.

Chris

I am to sure if ford is offering the 4.10 rear in 2015 like they have in the past with the FX4 package. I didn't count it so I came up with 4 options. The FX4 and FX2 are now add-on packages to trim levels which adds to my claim in configurations.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #272  
You get awfully angry when asked to back up something you said. Pretty funny to watch your reaction but thanks for at least showing us what you were referring to even if it took several tires and still doesn't actually show what specific engines, payloads, mirrors, or rear ends but at least you showed us what you thought the # of options for each brand each was. Good job.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #273  
You get awfully angry when asked to back up something you said. Pretty funny to watch your reaction but thanks for at least showing us what you were referring to even if it took several tires and still doesn't actually show what specific engines, payloads, mirrors, or rear ends but at least you showed us what you thought the # of options for each brand each was. Good job.

Is this a concession? Thanks. I also failed to mention that Ford is the only one to offer and 8 foot bed with the extended cab which adds basically a whole other truck to outfit with every option. It is getting ridiculous now with park assist, lane assist, 360 cameras, etc. If they bring back the Raptor, add even more configurations.

I admit I put a little heat in my text when I feel I have to explain everything something that can be proven with a couple mouse clicks. I welcome being dis-proven and will be sure to retract any wrong comment. I know my skin is thick and actually enjoy a little banter as long as it doesn't get ugly.
Peace.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #274  
I would have to admit that Ford does have more sticker and emblem packages for their trucks ....I guess their demographic customer likes stickers..............my grand daughter likes Dora the Explorer stickers too ! :laughing:

Last edited:
   / Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #275  
The major beef I have with the new 2015 F150 is the fact that you have to buy a $2000 package to get cruise control on the base model. It's standard on the GM and Ram. The cheapest F150 with cruise is $28,170 (RCSB 4x2 3.5L 6-speed). The cheapest Ram with cruise is $27,300 (RCSB 4x2 3.6L 8-speed). Chevy is also $27,300 (RCSB 4x2 4.3L 6-speed). I have seen no 4.10 gear option on the Ford towing chart and the 2.7L EB appears to only be available with 3.31, 3.55 and 3.73 gears.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #276  
Is this a concession? Thanks. I also failed to mention that Ford is the only one to offer and 8 foot bed with the extended cab which adds basically a whole other truck to outfit with every option. It is getting ridiculous now with park assist, lane assist, 360 cameras, etc. If they bring back the Raptor, add even more configurations.

I admit I put a little heat in my text when I feel I have to explain everything something that can be proven with a couple mouse clicks. I welcome being dis-proven and will be sure to retract any wrong comment. I know my skin is thick and actually enjoy a little banter as long as it doesn't get ugly.
Peace.

concession? What are you even talking about? You made the statement. All I did was ask for some examples of your claims. Now suddenly you act like you have won something.

It's not my job or anyone else's to go and make sure your statements are actually true. Burden lies on the one making the claims not the people listening. I don't think you fully understand that concept. You seem to think you can roll into a room full of people and say Ford has the most configurable truck with more mirrors, rear ends, trim levels, engines, etc.. and suddenly everyone is supposed to jump on their computer to prove what you said was right for you. That aint how it works.

We can all play these games and act stupid. Does Ford offer a 1/2 ton diesel? Then Dodge wins. Does Ford offer a mega cab? Then Dodge Wins. Does Ford offer air suspension? I dont' know but dodge does. Does Ford offer built in boxes in the bed of trucks? Not that I have seen. So Dodge wins. Does Ford offer an inline 6 diesel engine in HD trucks? Dodge wins. Do you see how stupid that sounds? That is exactly how you act.

Does having park assist matter to most people who have trucks? I have no idea what it even does. Lane assist? same thing. I dont' necessarily think that those options really matter to some people like myself who dont' need the truck to park/drive itself. Now if they had an option to automatically back the truck up to a trailer and line it up perfectly with the ball every time I might use that option.

Every manufacturer has some options others don't. does that make 1 better? I don't really see it that way. Is Ford better than Toyota because they have more options? Not in my opinion. Is having 4 engine options better than 3? I dont' really know if having more options is necessarily better or worse. Seems like that could go both ways. But it is definitely something to consider.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #277  

concession? What are you even talking about? You made the statement. All I did was ask for some examples of your claims. Now suddenly you act like you have won something.

It's not my job or anyone else's to go and make sure your statements are actually true. Burden lies on the one making the claims not the people listening. I don't think you fully understand that concept. You seem to think you can roll into a room full of people and say Ford has the most configurable truck with more mirrors, rear ends, trim levels, engines, etc.. and suddenly everyone is supposed to jump on their computer to prove what you said was right for you. That aint how it works.

We can all play these games and act stupid. Does Ford offer a 1/2 ton diesel? Then Dodge wins. Does Ford offer a mega cab? Then Dodge Wins. Does Ford offer air suspension? I dont' know but dodge does. Does Ford offer built in boxes in the bed of trucks? Not that I have seen. So Dodge wins. Does Ford offer an inline 6 diesel engine in HD trucks? Dodge wins. Do you see how stupid that sounds? That is exactly how you act.

Does having park assist matter to most people who have trucks? I have no idea what it even does. Lane assist? same thing. I dont' necessarily think that those options really matter to some people like myself who dont' need the truck to park/drive itself. Now if they had an option to automatically back the truck up to a trailer and line it up perfectly with the ball every time I might use that option.

Every manufacturer has some options others don't. does that make 1 better? I don't really see it that way. Is Ford better than Toyota because they have more options? Not in my opinion. Is having 4 engine options better than 3? I dont' really know if having more options is necessarily better or worse. Seems like that could go both ways. But it is definitely something to consider.

People shouldn't have to back up everything they say with proof if they have confidence in what they are saying is true or considered by most as common knowledge. Again, I stated configurations. I do like the Ram box. Not enough payload to require air suspension in my eyes and we all know I don't care for the diesel. To each their own. I wouldn't choose many of the ford goofy options as well.

In America we are innocent until proven guilty. Prove me wrong. I will conceed and recover my dignity.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #278  
I would have to admit that Ford does have more sticker and emblem packages for their trucks ....I guess their demographic customer likes stickers..............my grand daughter likes stickers too ! :laughing:

Really stickers? Thanks for add value to this thread. State something substantial. Glad your granddaughter prefers a Ford as well.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #279  
People shouldn't have to back up everything they say with proof if they have confidence in what they are saying is true or considered by most as common knowledge. In America we are innocent until proven guilty. Prove me wrong. I will conceed and recover my dignity.

You think it's common knowledge that ford has more rear ends, mirrors, and engine options? Average person has no clue about those things. Your reasoning makes no sense whatsoever. You can keep trying to make this out to be someone else's problem but in the end YOU made statements and got really upset when asked to confirm or provide at least some documentation. That's it.

This is not a criminal case so innocent until proven guilty has nothing to do with this either. Just another attempt to somehow justify your actions. Nobody is being judged and nobody is innocent or guilty as no crime has been committed.

Dignity?? LAffin. I dont' know where you come up with this stuff. I think your love for Ford is clouding your judgment.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #280  
Really stickers? Thanks for add value to this thread. State something substantial. Glad your granddaughter prefers a Ford as well.

She has the brains I guess. Good jeans on the side of the Inlaws!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.