Ford Superduty 6.2 questions?

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #41  
All the tech specs aside, I got the 7.3L gas F-250 Lariat. Just do that....it's plenty and no thirstier than my 2003 Dodge 1500 4.7L. The 6.2L is fine, but you'll like the 10 speed trans and the extra torque. It's worth the money upgrade

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #42  
I'm stumped that the new 6.8L appears to be just a destroked 7.3L Godzilla.
Why bother for a mere 500cc? Is there some fool tax regulation or something?

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions?
All the tech specs aside, I got the 7.3L gas F-250 Lariat. Just do that....it's plenty and no thirstier than my 2003 Dodge 1500 4.7L. The 6.2L is fine, but you'll like the 10 speed trans and the extra torque. It's worth the money upgrade
Im not buying new, hsve no issues with getting a 6.2. Far more choices with the 6.2 compared to the 7.3. I do not want a Crew cab, super cab is what I am looking for.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #44  
Im not buying new, hsve no issues with getting a 6.2. Far more choices with the 6.2 compared to the 7.3. I do not want a Crew cab, super cab is what I am looking for.
I always have to recite a litany to remember Ford's terms for the cabin. In order of increasing size. Super is bigger, Cab is smaller. Crew is biggest. So you are looking for the middle with suicide doors? I have one, is fine for everything but unloading a grocery cart. With both doors open there is no place for the grocery cart. You have to open both doors, leave the back open close the front, then move the cart to where you can reach.

Standard Cab -> Super Cab -> Super Crew.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions?
I always have to recite a litany to remember Ford's terms for the cabin. In order of increasing size. Super is bigger, Cab is smaller. Crew is biggest. So you are looking for the middle with suicide doors? I have one, is fine for everything but unloading a grocery cart. With both doors open there is no place for the grocery cart. You have to open both doors, leave the back open close the front, then move the cart to where you can reach.

Standard Cab -> Super Cab -> Super Crew.
I will add a tonneau cover, and lay a 2x10 behind the wheel wells in the box. Groceries go in the box, always have.

Last edited:
   / Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #46  
I will add a tonbeau cover, and lay a 2x10 behind the wheel wells in the box. Groceries go in the box, always have.
Probably should have put this in the bed but had to make several trips and didn't want to leave them unattended:

Attachments

• F-150 Scoop Away.jpeg
    F-150 Scoop Away.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
   / Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #47  
name checks out.

😳

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #48  
I have a F150 Super Cab, when we go to the grocery store I park far enough out so nobody is parked next to me. I know most people know this, I’ve talked to a couple that didn’t, but the doors open more than 90 degrees, they swing all the way open up against the bed. Super Cabs seem a little harder to find in both F150 and F250 trucks.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #49  
Probably should have put this in the bed but had to make several trips and didn't want to leave them unattended:

That's a load of kitty litter! Our cat died of old age last year, but I was carrying (2) buckets for my daughter across a long open space at her apartment recently... I must have looked worn out, because a young tatted-up shady looking dude asked if I needed some help with it. I admit I initially judged him harshly.

I prefer the crew cabs, but not when my wife drives.

/ Ford Superduty 6.2 questions? #50  
Will - Significantly off topic but have you had any issues with your Colorado?

Grumpycat - I agree. Why would Ford "downgrade" the optional engine to make it standard. That's just silly. But I know nothing of it. Maybe they are doing other cost saving measures (like non forged internals???) to make it more of a base engine?