found some .45 ACP Pistol Brass

/ found some .45 ACP Pistol Brass #51  
I have the smaller Dillon shaker and small tub separator neither are what I call small and work very well. I have used corn cob media and Dillon cleaner for as long as I have been loading. I have used brasso quite a bit even though they used to say it hurts the brass. I have never seen anything happen to any brass except it gets nice and shiny.

/ found some .45 ACP Pistol Brass #52  
I have used brasso quite a bit even though they used to say it hurts the brass. I have never seen anything happen to any brass except it gets nice and shiny.

Interesting, what damage is Brasso supposed to do? We used to use tons of Duraglit in the military which I believe is just Brasso already on an applicator type material. Granted, we were not polishing ammunition brass but probably only because someone didn't think of it ;)

/ found some .45 ACP Pistol Brass #53  
Interesting, what damage is Brasso supposed to do? We used to use tons of Duraglit in the military which I believe is just Brasso already on an applicator type material. Granted, we were not polishing ammunition brass but probably only because someone didn't think of it ;)

I never figured that one out its imo just a sales diversion thing so people buy the current buzz word cleaner is how I took it. I do seem to remember something being said like ammonia hardens brass and causes it to crack but its hooey from my stand point.

I dump some brasso into the media once they are tumbling or even before and get it mixed in and then dump brass in. Or I have gotten some brass with brasso all stuck inside etc but once its mixed in it works great just the same way Dillon cleaner works. Its best to have it mixed in first is my experience anyway.

/ found some .45 ACP Pistol Brass #54  
   / found some .45 ACP Pistol Brass #55  

ammonia.. can make the brass brittle....