Free Oil

/ Free Oil #1  

Alan W.

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3650 & Bobcat 763G & Craftsman DGS6500
My sons boss had a new McMansion built and the contractors left an assortment of oil.
He knew that we had equipment so he gave it to my son.
The oil had been sitting there for a couple of months and they never would come and get it. All of them are half to full.

IMG_5885.JPG

I am wondering if they used a funnel or a pump when using the middle bucket for what they labeled it.

IMG_5886.JPG

IMG_5887.JPG

Im glad somebody can afford to leave this much money laying around.

/ Free Oil #2  
Contractors equipment probably uses and leaks that much oil on a regular basis. Lol! There wouldn't be half empty buckets that nobody cared about unless that were true. I have a Komatsu that drinks that 10W stuff. :(

/ Free Oil #3  
I bought 5 gallons of the Super UTD for my tractor in fall of 2021. Somehow I didn't get it under cover for a while so it set out in a few rain storms. Then I noticed that there was considerable oil on the deck underneath the pail.
The hydraulic fluid was about $135 but I'm not sure what a new hydro transmission costs and don't care to find out.

/ Free Oil #4  
I would not chance putting an unknown quality of oil in one of my machines just to save a little money. For what little mine use the cost to me is low anyway. I still have NH oil sitting on the shelf from when I bought the TC40DA in 2008.

/ Free Oil
Funny thing is I can’t use any of it. Its either the wrong weight or something that I have no need of.
May use some of it to change out the chain case in the Bobcat. The bucket of 30 w delo is unopened.

/ Free Oil #6  
Recycle it or find a garage/shop that has a waste oil burner. It may be used stuff that they left instead of disposing of, perhaps?

/ Free Oil #7  
I would not chance putting an unknown quality of oil in one of my machines just to save a little money. For what little mine use the cost to me is low anyway. I still have NH oil sitting on the shelf from when I bought the TC40DA in 2008.
I am with you. I hate to waste but the risk is too great for the reward. Back in the day old timers would pour oil around a fence post as they were packing the dirt back. (I am not saying to do that, the EPA was not active in the 70s and early 80s.