Friendly Ghost 1st. post

/ Friendly Ghost 1st. post #1  

Friendly Ghost

Tractor
IH Cub Cadet 982 (SOLD in 2010 - SORRY)
Hi everyone. After viewing numerous helpful informational posts by members on TBN over the last few years, I decided to join. I live in Woodstock, IL., 10 miles S. of WI. & about 65 miles NW of Chicago. I have 5 acres N. of town with a 1 acre pond I have owned for 30+ years. I have a 1953 Ford Jubilee that I have rebuilt and will finish with fresh paint next year. Ford 7' Fail mower, disc, drags, plow, rear blade, front bucket, etc. I have been mowing the property for the last 17 years with an orignal Yardman (Red color), Commercial 52" walk-behind that has a 2 wheel sulky attachment to ride on (prior to MTD's purchase of Yardman (changing color) and dropping the Commercial walk-behind line that Yardman had just started) . I also have a IH Cub Cadet 982 with 50" deck I bought and went through 2 years ago (backup mower). Many discussions with the commercial mowing/landscaping owners in the area over the past 2 years regarding their equipment. Researched all top commercial mowers. 6 weeks ago, I heard about, looked at and bought a slightly used (43 hrs) Bad Boy, Commercial, Lightning Z 52" Zero Turn mower that has a Kawasaki 26hp liquid cooled engine. Built like a tank with a suspension system, easy to service everything, does not miss a blade of grass even up to top speed of 14mph and in my opinion #1 or #2 of the commercial mowers on the market.

/ Friendly Ghost 1st. post #2  
Welcome Friendly Ghost and congrats on your bad boy purchase. I never owned one but I have heard they are bad to the bone. zman :thumbsup:

/ Friendly Ghost 1st. post #4  
Welcome! Nice name too! :thumbsup:

/ Friendly Ghost 1st. post #5  
Welcome to the forum, I just caught your post. Can't help but mention that DeKalb,Ill is my home grounds, although I have been gone for many years. I till get up there now and then, 40 class reunion this year, you sure had a corn crop this year.

MarkV