Front axle oil capacity

/ Front axle oil capacity #11  
I finished the axle change. I got almost 4 quarts out of old oil. Only took 4 quarts of new oil. I am now thinking I will give another 100 hrs and change again. At 400 hrs as in the manual. I guess the remaining capacity is residual and mixes.

/ Front axle oil capacity #12  
I changed the front axle oil on my Branson yesterday. I saw the same thing. About 1 gallon drained out slowly. The manual says the fill is 1.9 gallons from empty. There is only 1 drain plug so I expect the other knuckle to be holding the oil. Next time I may raise that side up to drain more out.

/ Front axle oil capacity #13  
I changed the front axle oil on my Branson yesterday. I saw the same thing. About 1 gallon drained out slowly. The manual says the fill is 1.9 gallons from empty. There is only 1 drain plug so I expect the other knuckle to be holding the oil. Next time I may raise that side up to drain more out.
Are you sure it doesn't have a drain plug on each knuckle? On one side the drain is facing forward and on the other is facing backwards, but should have 2 drain plugs.

/ Front axle oil capacity #15  
I have a Kubota MX4700 4 wheel drive. The manual says the front axle and gear cases hole 9.5 qts. I drained mine completely. Only drained about 5 qts. When I refilled, only held around 5 qts. Any one else out there ran into this. Thanks for you feed back in advance. Usually manuals are closer than this, in my experiences.
Did mine not too long ago and it took about 9 litres. There are 2 more level check plugs to take out on the inside of the hubs near the top to let some air out that gets trapped there. I will try and post a picture when I get the chance to.

Hope this helps

/ Front axle oil capacity #16  
I have a Kubota MX4700 4 wheel drive. The manual says the front axle and gear cases hole 9.5 qts. I drained mine completely. Only drained about 5 qts. When I refilled, only held around 5 qts. Any one else out there ran into this. Thanks for you feed back in advance. Usually manuals are closer than this, in my experiences.
I have attached a picture of the inside front left hub. I have circled the level plug on the hub that needs to be removed when refilling. There is another one on the right hub as well. All in all three level check plugs including the one on the axle case. Open all three of the level check plugs when refilling to let the air out of the top of the hubs. Once all three have shown some fluid to flow out you are at the right level.

I hope this helps!!

Drain.jpg

Last edited: