Front Blade on the Kubota Some assembly required

/ Front Blade on the Kubota Some assembly required #11  
My B3030 when I had it was the same way, the brush guard could stay on. The smaller BX and I think also the larger L's as I recall need to remove the brush guard to mount the quick hitch.

I ended going with loader mounted plow on my L3240. I had a q/a plate welded onto a Craigslist plow

/ Front Blade on the Kubota Some assembly required #12  
Looks familiar. I think you'll be pleased with it for snow removal, though I never owned/tried the 60" version. Just curious if you're going to add hydraulic angle? I think it cost me about $200 for the parts and paying a welder to fab up the mounts. Worked perfect once done. Either way, good luck with it. Hope you don't need it too soon.

/ Front Blade on the Kubota Some assembly required
Looks familiar. I think you'll be pleased with it for snow removal, though I never owned/tried the 60" version. Just curious if you're going to add hydraulic angle? I think it cost me about $200 for the parts and paying a welder to fab up the mounts. Worked perfect once done. Either way, good luck with it. Hope you don't need it too soon.

Hey Chris,

Yes. I do indeed intend to add the side cylinder. :)
Hoping you don't mind if I bug you bit about somethings. The cylinder is straight forward, but the quick connecting hydraulic line fittings? Did Surplus know which fit a Kubota? Did you buy the fittings and make up the hoses locally?

/ Front Blade on the Kubota Some assembly required #14  
Hey Chris,

Yes. I do indeed intend to add the side cylinder. :)
Hoping you don't mind if I bug you bit about somethings. The cylinder is straight forward, but the quick connecting hydraulic line fittings? Did Surplus know which fit a Kubota? Did you buy the fittings and make up the hoses locally?

IIRC I bought everything but the quick connects from surplus center. I found compatible QCs from Discount Hydraulic Hose on line. I will post up some links in the morning for you.

/ Front Blade on the Kubota Some assembly required #15  
BP, found this post from my original thread documenting the angle cylinder modification. I think it shows the Surplus Center items I ordered and a link to the quick connects that are compatible with the BX. The QC's are generic type ISO 7241-1B, so anything that meets that standard should work. A BX uses 1/4" QC's by the way.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...90-bx-54-blade-hydro-angle-2.html#post1827795

Unfortunately, it looks like the cylinder I ordered is NLA. But, as you can see from the parts list, it was a 1.5" X 6" X 1" cylinder. However, it doesn't show the extended and retracted pin center to pin center dimensions. Found this cylinder which looks to be the same as the Chief version I bought. It's 13" retracted with a 6" stroke, so 19" fully extended. Pretty sure that's what I went with. With the cylinder in hand, you can manually swivel the blade and mark the best mounting positions before welding up a pin mounts. Well, that's what I did anyway.

1.5X6X1 DA HYD CYL PINHOLE

Hope some of this is helpful.

Thanks Chris. I already stumbled into that same site for the couplings and found them. Good to have confirmation I found the correct ones. Still waiting for the blade hardware pak to arrive from the dealer. Might be another week or so. Sigh.

Your pictures are GREAT help and it was nice to see that old thread again. The 60" I had back then was a wondrous thing, but this time around, I learned from your experience back then. I honestly figure the savings to be around a grand, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Thanks for taking to time to find those old links and such. Much appreciated.

View attachment 395775

The QH is installed and the plumbing connected. All is operational with the quick hitch moving up and down correctly. Checked for leaks and sure, I had one. Got that fixed. So, that much is done and ready.

/ Front Blade on the Kubota Some assembly required #18  
View attachment 395775

The QH is installed and the plumbing connected. All is operational with the quick hitch moving up and down correctly. Checked for leaks and sure, I had one. Got that fixed. So, that much is done and ready.

BP - getting this message when I try to click on your attachment link. Not sure why it doesn't show up as a thumbnail?

"Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

DSCF0790.jpg

Is that better?

Update: Dealer called Monday and said the parts were all in, finally. UPS to my place, to save me the drive down. :thumbsup:

That Brown truck should be pulling up my drive this afternoon and we can get this thread, and more importantly, that blade project back on line. Neighbor asked if I was ready to order that second function hydraulic piston and get going on that. Soon, I said. Soon.