Front end loader for ford 3000

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #1  

romanerin2011

Tractor
Ford 3000
I have a late 60s model ford 3000 tractor and looking for a front end loader for it. I found a koyker k3 7ft front loader for $2650, it looks like it's in decent shape. How much does it cost to install one and does anyone know if that model would fit my tractor? Are they hard to install or should I hire someone to do it? Thanks.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #2  
Think the K3 maybe over size for a 3000.
I have a factory 730 on my 3000 and a K2 Koyker on my 55 hp Rhino.

The K2 will out lift the ford 730...
that being said - If you can get it mounted up ( and the bucket angles and dig /height work out) the K3 should make a great loader especially for the price.

I would check out Koykers site and check the recommended mounts and models

My understanding is that the K1 K2 K3 are older models ( my Rhinos was built in 1992 or 1993) Pretty sure they have been super-ceded with new ones?? It is possible that Koyker offered a set up for the Ford 3000 back when the K3 was new...

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #3  
I offer the following general comment derived from a friend's experience.
He bought a new tractor and the dealer did not have the proper FEL for that model tractor so a FEL for a bigger tractor was made to fit.
Problem is that the bucket is much further out front than the proper FEL and anytime something heavy is picked up the rear wheels come off the ground in spite of being loaded.
The weight balance of the tractor is all wrong and the front axle is carrying too much weight.
Dave M7040

/ Front end loader for ford 3000
Ok well searching through craigslist I found a few ford 3000 FEL for like $1000-1600. Are they hard to install.
My other question is changing a PTO engage gasket. Do I have to take the top cover off to change it? Last time I took the top cover off it was a pain and would rather not do it again if I don't have to.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #5  
Ok well searching through craigslist I found a few ford 3000 FEL for like $1000-1600. Are they hard to install.
My other question is changing a PTO engage gasket. Do I have to take the top cover off to change it? Last time I took the top cover off it was a pain and would rather not do it again if I don't have to.

Why are they so hard to install. Ain't they like other loaders??

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #6  
Why are they so hard to install. Ain't they like other loaders??

The factory ones from back then are not removable in the sense a new quick attach type is.
Here's a pic of mine moving a stump i dug out with it March APRIL 2012 008.jpg

The loader frame is basically one piece- which mounts to the rear axle and then to an adapter that attaches to the front axle cradle.

In most cases the adapter mounts a crankshaft driven pump.

I like this feature because as long as the engine is running the FEL has full power and speed,also the pumps used are generally between 11 and about 17+ gallons per minute which makes for a very responsive loader with almost to fast action, this does help when needing to really get er done in a hurry tho :)

for the OP there is nothing wrong with the factory loaders other than being more of a permanent mount- and sounds like the price is even better for a loader you know will fit.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #7  
Go with the loader made for your tractor and you will have less engineering to do. Front axles are the weak point unless you have a industrial tractor. If you have the industrial tractor you will know because people will have tried to buy it.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #8  
I offer the following general comment derived from a friend's experience.
He bought a new tractor and the dealer did not have the proper FEL for that model tractor so a FEL for a bigger tractor was made to fit.
Problem is that the bucket is much further out front than the proper FEL and anytime something heavy is picked up the rear wheels come off the ground in spite of being loaded.
The weight balance of the tractor is all wrong and the front axle is carrying too much weight.
Dave M7040

Loaded tires aren't the proper way to counterbalance the FEL....that requires weight on the 3pt. Loaded tires are intended to improve traction. A properly balanced tractor with an FEL uses the rear axle as a fulcrum by adding weight to the 3pt....adding weight to the fulcrum does nothing to take weight off the front axle.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #9  
The power steering and front end on the 3000 aren't very robust compared to the industrial 3500. I'd probably sell the 3000 and look for a later model machine with a loader already on it.

/ Front end loader for ford 3000 #10  
Here is a listing on Craigslist for what you are looking for. It is quite a distance from you but this looks like a really nice loader.

The front axle on those older Fords are not the best but my dad loaded round bales with his 861 for over 20 years. These were 4x5 bales and the tractor handled them OK. The front spindles on the tractor are worn but the front axle is OK. Just used good judgement when using.

Ford Loader, front end loader