Front end loader Q's

/ Front end loader Q's #31  
20_20, you make inaccurate statements, then when the mistake is pointed out, your own rebuttal proves your original statement to be inaccurate. I give up.

I just went back and read what I wrote NOT JUST WHAT YOU HIGH LIGHTED. If you read what I wrote I did not give inaccurate info, I just think you wanted to start something. That's fine I've got better things do to with my time. Next time read the post instead of just parts of it.

/ Front end loader Q's #32  
Easy guys......
the discussion is one that has the potential to benefit many (the "greater good"?) and it would be a shame for it to get lost in heat of debate.

From Debating 101 - you both have valid points (and each unwilling to recognize those of the other).....

It's the "valid points" that matter to those reading this thread in the future....can't we focus on those?

/ Front end loader Q's #33  
It's always funny to see a pissin contest, especially when you aren't one of the guys doing the peeing.

Lighten up guys, I've done it too and after reflecting on it, it just isn't worth it.

Group hug anyone?

/ Front end loader Q's #35  
I always like reading these discussions on using FEL and the ongoing debate 2wd verse 4wd. My personal belief is that if you know your equipment you can move mountains:) For me my 2wd with FEL works just fine. I've dug graves to bury horses without two much difficulty (And I'm in Central Texas). Now I could use a toothbar and that's on my list of things to get. I haven't ballasted my tires and don't really plan on doing it. If I do need extra ballast I'll hook up my box blade. So far I haven't needed it though.

/ Front end loader Q's #36  
Somewhere in this thread, you asked about concrete weight, specifically a half of a 55 gallon drum. An 80 bag of redi-mix is .66 cubic feet, the same volume as a 5 gallon pail. So your talking 80/5 or 16 pounds per gallon. At 27.5 gallons that would be 440 pounds.

Add another 20 pounds estimate for steel to fab up the ballast box, you'ld have 460 pounds of ballast, give or take. Of course, I would recommend filling the rear tires as well.

/ Front end loader Q's #37  
Concrete is 150 lbs per cubic foot, steel is just under 500lbs per cubic foot. I filled a ballast box of four cubic feet with as much steel scrap as I could gather up, I figure close to one cubic foot, and the rest concrete which will give me about 900 lbs all behind the 3pt lift eyes. I also partially embeded a frame made of 1/4" plate in the top to give me a place for chains, tools or whatever and also more weight if I need it. The tires aren't loaded because I don't always want the tractor to be that heavy but, when doing FEL work I really want that weight back there. I like the ballast box rather than an implement because it is quite compact so I don't need to be watching it so much when working in close quarters.
This works well for me, your results may vary.

/ Front end loader Q's #38  
Well, I am the lucky one.

My ballest is a 300 lb elevator weight that had 2 3/4" holes at just the correct spacing to run 3/4 bolts that I welded class 1 implement pins onto
The elevator weight is about 3 ft wide, 8" deep and 4" thick.

Also added a 'post' for the upper 3 pt to stop the pendulm effect onto which I added a trailer hitch socket.
With all my weld add ons It probably is 250#'s and takes no noticable manouvering space, well a mere 4"s.
Tires also ballested.

Can't remember how or where I aquired that wt from, but sure happy that it migrated into my possesion.

/ Front end loader Q's #39  
Here's something I designed for my tractor and now offer for sale. It keeps the weights close to rear and allows for easier manuvering in tight spaces. heavy-hitch-applied.jpg