Front end loader stutters badly while raising.

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising.
Thank you. Very knowledgeable people here.

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #12  
I wonder if rain got in there in the interim. Although it only has 200 hours on
it, it is 17 years old.

Yeah, low hours, but.....17yo, sleeps outside, probably. Rain. ==> water in the sump.

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #13  
How are your shifter boots? I am not sure they are a problem for this model, but for my 2030, cracked boots will let water into the trans.

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #14  
Bringing up an old thread and the issue i am have is after using the tractor for an hour or so the bucket dump feature stutters and power steering chatters abit.
The hydraulic oil , filter was changed about 80hrs ago and the screen cleared up back then. The only addition was the artillian diverter for grapple about 6 hrs ago.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
   / Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #15  
Bringing up an old thread and the issue i have is after using the tractor for an hour or so the bucket dump feature stutters and power steering chatters abit.
The hydraulic oil , filter was changed about 80hrs ago and the screen cleared up back then. The only addition was the artillian diverter for grapple about 6 hrs ago.

Thoughts?
Not clear if the problem was noticed after the diverter addition. Can you clue us in ??

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #16  
Not clear if the problem was noticed after the diverter addition. Can you clue us in ??
It worked fine after the diverter was added for 5-6 hrs and this just started in the last couple of days.

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #17  
I’d check connections on the diverter , could be air getting in the system

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #18  
Good tip, I did change an O ring on one of the quick connects as it was leaking.. I will check it again.

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #19  
So I rechecked all connections and cleaned them up and it seems the chatter returns about an hr or so after the use. Could it be heat related? or do I have a failing pump?

/ Front end loader stutters badly while raising. #20  
What kind of fluid did you use. JD makes a low viscosity hydraulic fluid and a “regular” one. I read on another forum where someone was having problems and they switched to the thicker fluid and it fixed it.

That low of hours it’s possible the pump is bad but not likely. I’m not sure what your tractor looks like but with mine you remove a short hose to pull the suction screen. On mine it’s hard to get the hose out of the way. This hose is known to crack and suck air. Could still be water or contaminated fluid also. I’m just guessing at this point but my gut reaction is your getting air in the system somehow.