Snow Front snow plow with hydraulic angle change question

/ Front snow plow with hydraulic angle change question #31  
I've got a power angle snow plow on my FEL arms. I can tell you, you want to keep your dump and curl functions as well as your lift and lower functions on your joystick just as they are. Those are the functions you'll use the most, and you are used to them with the operation of the bucket on the FEL, so don't change them or it will mess up your coordination every time you switch back and forth between bucket and plow.

Stick with the plan to add a third circuit to power the angling of the snow blade.

You can do this several ways, probably more than just the ones I'll mention.

1. Extend a circuit from your rear remotes.
- this would be the easiest and cheapest, as all you'll need is hoses. You already have the valves. You'll just have to take your hand off the joystick to operate the angle function.
2. Add an electric diverter valve to your dump/curl function on your joystick.
- this can be done for a few hundred bucks. You'll end up with a thumb push button on your joystick. In normal operation, you'll have dump/curl of the blade, just like your bucket. When you push the button, you'll use the same left/right motion of the joystick to angle the plow blade. Let go of the button, and it returns to dump/curl function. This is the way to go, if you ask me.
3. See if your dealer (or you) can add a third spool fed off of your power beyond port on your joystick valve (if you have power beyond).
- this would also work well, but again, just like with using the rear remotes, you'll have to take your hand off the joystick to angle the blade.
I just bought a used 7.5' Curtis Plow for my L2900 which attaches to my loader arms. I haven't attacked the hydraulic function yet. My existing bucket pins which have grease fittings won't work with the Curtis plow frame, so I went to my local Kubota dealer who wasn't much help other than say with a greasable pin, I will destroy my loader and piston bushings.

What did you use for pins to attach the plow to your loader arms? Thanks very much!
Thirsty, I visualize your ideas, I think. With the bucket off the curl cylinders are sitting there with nothing to do. Set op some QDs on the hoses if necessary and then use the 2 curl hoses to power the tilt system on the plow. One control to work with. Joy stick then; up/down on the blade and left/right on the blade angle. A lot easier than reaching around for a rear mounted valve. You will want to devise a means to support the curl cylinders from flopping around. I am sure you are ingenious enough to handle that.

Ron

/ Front snow plow with hydraulic angle change question #32  
I just bought a used 7.5' Curtis Plow for my L2900 which attaches to my loader arms. I haven't attacked the hydraulic function yet. My existing bucket pins which have grease fittings won't work with the Curtis plow frame, so I went to my local Kubota dealer who wasn't much help other than say with a greasable pin, I will destroy my loader and piston bushings.

What did you use for pins to attach the plow to your loader arms? Thanks very much!

Our Power Trac machine comes standard with a proprietary quick attach system on the FEL.

ALL attachments go on the FEL and come from the factory with the female side of the QA. Takes 15 seconds to change a non-powered implement without getting out of the seat. 30 seconds for anything that requires power, because you have to hook up hoses...

495216d1484440025-front-snow-plow-hydraulic-angle-pt425mainpic-jpg

Attachments

• PT425mainpic.jpg
    PT425mainpic.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 550
   / Front snow plow with hydraulic angle change question #33  
The ideal solution for your hydraulically adjustable front blade would be a third function valve for your tractor.

I have these on both my L6060 and M9960 for use with four-in-one buckets, grapple buckets, hydraulically adjustable front blades, etc.

SDT

/ Front snow plow with hydraulic angle change question #34  
I'm intrigued by the electric diverter valve. I'll never use a top n tilt or a grapple, so rear remotes seems overkill. I won't use tilt for my front FEL blade on my BX2670 at the same time I angle, so the diverter seems perfect. Can someone point me to what I would use? Seems diverting flow for a quick function of correcting the blade tilt would be ideal.

/ Front snow plow with hydraulic angle change question #35  
I'm intrigued by the electric diverter valve. I'll never use a top n tilt or a grapple, so rear remotes seems overkill. I won't use tilt for my front FEL blade on my BX2670 at the same time I angle, so the diverter seems perfect. Can someone point me to what I would use? Seems diverting flow for a quick function of correcting the blade tilt would be ideal.

If you search the term "diverter" in the Hydraulics forum, there is hours of reading ahead for you.

Not trying to give you the "just search" answer, but there is so much info there it's crazy.

There are at least three advertising vendors here that sell them too...

/ Front snow plow with hydraulic angle change question #36  
Thanks! I've never heard of this, likely because I've not visited the hydraulics forum. I'll take a look!