Front Tire Chains

/ Front Tire Chains #1  

JLH4

Silver Member
Tractor
Rural King - RK24
:confused:Has anyone put tire chains on the front tires of a RK24 with r4 tires. I'm looking at 2link ladder chains for mud and snow on a muddy Kentucky hill. I spun all four tires on a 50 foot slope and left 4 in. deep ruts. At the top I had 4 racing slicks on the corners. Thanks for any advice.:confused3:
Joe

/ Front Tire Chains #2  
Most times it is discouraged because of the extra stress it can put on the front driveline.. BUT with that said I know other have used them on similar size tractors - ASSUMING you have the clearance. Some use cable chains instead of real chain due to the clearance issues

/ Front Tire Chains #3  
I believe front chains are ok on a non paved surface, since you'll get enough slip to prevent damage..

/ Front Tire Chains #4  
:confused:Has anyone put tire chains on the front tires of a RK24 with r4 tires. I'm looking at 2link ladder chains for mud and snow on a muddy Kentucky hill. I spun all four tires on a 50 foot slope and left 4 in. deep ruts. At the top I had 4 racing slicks on the corners. Thanks for any advice.:confused3:
Joe
I don't see why you couldn't.

/ Front Tire Chains #5  
Was 4-WD engaged?

Do you know how to engage the rear wheel LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL before commencing a steep ascent? (Generally you depress a piece of steel with your left heel.)

A tractor with a Loader has about 50%/50% weight distribution on level ground. Going up hill weight shifts to the rear in proportion to incline. Therefore front tire chains will help but may not meet your expectations.

Consider a remote control winch at the top of the 50' hill. A safer ascent. A cheaper appliance.

BATTERY WINCHES: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...+winch&rh=i:aps,k:+cordless+drill+winch&ajr=1

MORE: tractor front tire chains for hills site:tractorbynet.com - Google Search

Last edited:
   / Front Tire Chains #6  
I use V-bar ice chains on all four tires all winter long and never had any drive line issues at all, it most certainly puts added stress but if you're careful it's not a problem. If I didn't have them on all four here my tractor would be stuck most of the time. I like two link, they ride better than 4 link.

/ Front Tire Chains
I bought these last night about 1:00 AM, couldn't get thru any earlier.

TireChain.com 20x10.00-8, 20 10.00-8 European Diamond Tire Chains
Sold by: TireChain.c0m

$97.88

/ Front Tire Chains #8  
I buy my chains from them as well, they are made in China, from what I'm told they use one specific manufacture and they do a decent job. I have used them for about 8 years. Hard to beat the price and although not the best quality chains they work..

/ Front Tire Chains #9  
Shouldn’t put too much added stress to chase any concern. Tire chains are a bit rough on tires in my experience but can be a saving grace.

/ Front Tire Chains
I used my front tire chains today, where the tires used to spin and sling mud I made it up with no mud slinging or problems. I was in low range, 4wd with diff lock on. Best 70 bucks I've spent in awhile.
Joe :thumbsup: