frozen clutch

airbiscuit

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland T2310, Kubota L3010 GST, New Holland TC21DA, Farmall H *** Previously - 1941 John Deere B, Shibaura SD1500, John Deere 850, Bobcat 642, New Holland 1925
A safer way would be to take out the plugs (keep track of the firing order), put it in high gear and have someone pull you - then keep mashing the brakes.

OP
blake vedder

blake vedder

Tractor
ford 8n kubota john deere and a toro
A safer way would be to take out the plugs (keep track of the firing order), put it in high gear and have someone pull you - then keep mashing the brakes.
well it's too bad i ain't got no friends

Clyde51

Tractor
John Deere 1050, Kioti RX 6010
I like the vodka idea. You can always drink what you don't use.

Fxfymn413

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 4060; Kubota BX2660
Many of the older tractors had a "hook" you could use to keep the clutch pedal depressed when the tractor was stored to keep this from happening. If nothing else I'd use something to keep the pedal depressed while the tractor sits to see if it helps to free it.

And do not overlook the simple step of just making sure the clutch linkage is working properly before assuming it is a stuck disc.

jayhawk238

Bronze Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota L5030
Many of the older tractors had a "hook" you could use to keep the clutch pedal depressed when the tractor was stored to keep this from happening. If nothing else I'd use something to keep the pedal depressed while the tractor sits to see if it helps to free it.

And do not overlook the simple step of just making sure the clutch linkage is working properly before assuming it is a stuck disc.
I have an "old" 2004 Kubota L5030 that has the clutch hook.

jaxs

Veteran Member
Tractor
841 ford,MF65,Cub Lowboy,,Ford 600
In layman's language,will you explain how pulling the tractor might unstick the clutch? Then if you will,please explain why it's safer if plugs are removed.