Frustrating but simple problem

/ Frustrating but simple problem #11  
I also use the Acetone and ATF. works great.
What ratio? How long does it take to have any effect? Soak overnight or only a few minutes? I have both in my paint/oil cabinet and want to give it a try. Might give me cause to get rid of all the inoperable (no propellant) WD-40 cans.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #13  
What ratio? How long does it take to have any effect? Soak overnight or only a few minutes? I have both in my paint/oil cabinet and want to give it a try. Might give me cause to get rid of all the inoperable (no propellant) WD-40 cans.
As for the WD-40 cans, consider repressurizing them by forcing air into them with an air compressor. Be careful and wear eye protection.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #14  
As for the WD-40 cans, consider repressurizing them by forcing air into them with an air compressor. Be careful and wear eye protection.
I was thinking about drilling holes in the cans, emptying them into spritz bottles. (Spritz bottle idea from 5030)

/ Frustrating but simple problem #15  
Thanks for the replies. I used heat with an electric heat gun but should try a torch. The Yanmar book for the BH just calls for 10-40 motor oil for the hydraulics, and I am sure there is some residual in the cylinder so I need to be careful with flame. I have pipe wrenches, including a Rigid pipe wrench that is at least 3 feet long, but there really isn't enough clearance to bite a 9/16 inch nut with it. I will try more heat and a smaller pipe wrench however. I use cheater pipes on most everything now that I am a senior citizen and have nothing to prove to the neighbor ladies or anyone else.
You definitely want a torch, not an electric heat gun. I use MAPP, and it is a definite improvement on propane. Don't be afraid to get the fitting hot. @Fixastuff's suggestion of hot followed by a cold cloth is one that I have used as well. No harm in trying, as this isn't a glass fitting. You can also try hitting the fitting end on with a hammer to vibrate it loose; that works really well if you have tension on the fitting and then tap the fitting in with a hammer. The impact really does wonders.

I've used acetone ATF mixes as well. It works. Whether it works better than "fill in the blank", I am less sure of. I am sure that in some case it does, due to the detergents in the ATF. I recently had a sticky carb (my bad, as I left fuel in it), and adding a touch of two stroke oil made the difference. I tend to use PBlaster because it is in a can, and helps.

Good luck!

All the best,

Peter

/ Frustrating but simple problem #16  
I have loosened stuck brake lines with repeated applications of ATF/solvent, heat, shocking with cold, and.... also found that these kinds of vice grips will hold a nut without rounding it off as badly as other options.

They come in several sizes.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #17  
Never heard of this combo before. Sounds interesting. :unsure:(Acetone and ATF)
Yes it does work. So does DEEP CREEP. Both work insanely well. Acetone is very pricey lately.

/ Frustrating but simple problem #18  
Yes it does work. So does DEEP CREEP. Both work insanely well. Acetone is very pricey lately.
Despite being one of the cheapest chemicals at industrial scale...

/ Frustrating but simple problem #19  
Go to a tire store and ask them for a couple of valve stems. cut the bottom off to make them flat. It fits right over the tube (without the button) on the WD-40 can. Attached your air hose to the valve stem, then press down and you should re-pressurize your can easily.

/ Frustrating but simple problem
Your tractor sounds like a well cared for gem. I don't know your exact fitting. Is it a female hose fitting on a male cylinder fitting? If so, a hydraulic bolt cutter/nut cracker may be the tool of choice.

Heat? Heat, PBlaster, and time? I know some folks who swear by candle wax on a hot fitting.

At some point, it may be easier to take the cylinder off, take it to a machine shop to drill out the offending adapter fitting and thread in a new fitting.

Often, I get to the page where I make peace with the fact that the problem fitting or bolt is toast and then I feel better about going to town on it, at which point it usually rolls over and gives up. A larger pipe wrench with an extender bar? ...my enforcer wrench is 4' long.

All the best,

Peter
Your tractor sounds like a well cared for gem. I don't know your exact fitting. Is it a female hose fitting on a male cylinder fitting? If so, a hydraulic bolt cutter/nut cracker may be the tool of choice.

Heat? Heat, PBlaster, and time? I know some folks who swear by candle wax on a hot fitting.

At some point, it may be easier to take the cylinder off, take it to a machine shop to drill out the offending adapter fitting and thread in a new fitting.

Often, I get to the page where I make peace with the fact that the problem fitting or bolt is toast and then I feel better about going to town on it, at which point it usually rolls over and gives up. A larger pipe wrench with an extender bar? ...my enforcer wrench is 4' long.

All the best,

Peter
It's a 1/4 NPT male fitting that screws into the fitment on the hydraulic cylinder. That male fitting takes a 9/16 wrench or socket. Both of these Yanmar implements, the backhoe and the front-end loader are SAE. The tractor itself is metric. The manuals that are for the implements are written by people who normally speak English whereas the manuals that are for the tractor, while in English, were written by someone who does not use English every day. My Bobcat skid steer is SAE, but the engine is a Kubota and is metric.