Fuel Caddy?

/ Fuel Caddy? #21  
The lifting eyes are for when it is empty, not full. These bullets are from a Better Built tank from Northern Tools.

•Fully welded, 11-gauge mounting brackets hold the unit securely in place
•Sturdy 5/16in. lifting eyes for installation when tank is empty
•100% pressure and submersion tested
•Not intended for use with gasoline or other flammable fuels

/ Fuel Caddy? #22  
The lifting eyes are for when it is empty, not full. These bullets are from a Better Built tank from Northern Tools.

•Fully welded, 11-gauge mounting brackets hold the unit securely in place
•Sturdy 5/16in. lifting eyes for installation when tank is empty
•100% pressure and submersion tested
•Not intended for use with gasoline or other flammable fuels

Yea, I was afraid of that. Guess it would need a lifting frame welded by someone with more skill than me.

/ Fuel Caddy? #23  
   / Fuel Caddy? #24  
Interesting warning on a fuel tank.

Bruce

Big difference between gasoline (flash point < 73 deg F) and diesel (Flash point > 100 deg F) which is combustible but not rated flammable.
Flammable liquids have a flash point of less than 100°F. Liquids with lower flash points ignite easier. Combustible liquids have a flashpoint at or above 100°F. The vapor burns, not the liquid itself

/ Fuel Caddy? #25  
Yea, I was afraid of that. Guess it would need a lifting frame welded by someone with more skill than me.

Consider getting a HD pallet to fit under it Results for 'plastic pallets' . Some of the plastic ones come in sizes that might fit. The just tie down the take to one and possibly add casters to roll it around

/ Fuel Caddy?
I called around to the local co-ops and I might get a 300 gal tank, and keep 150 - 200 gallons in it. Get a few filters on it to get the junk and water out. My Kubota dealer sells Stanadyne and I've run that, but if there is a better additive to use, I'm open to it. I'm more concerned with fuel being on hand for over 1 year and over a winter or two.

My Kubota dealer didn't push the additive but did push to try and only run the summer blend of diesel. Not the winter. I guess if I got a large tank, I would fill in the summer and then use additives to protect it for the cold temps in Northern Ohio. I had a -45* wind chill the last 2 winters, but that was almost a record.

Any recommendations? Or is diesel and Stanadyne or additive XYZ better?

Just have to convince the wife that this is the money saving (easier for me) route first!

/ Fuel Caddy? #27  
Wind chill does NOT affect your fuel, air temp does...

My pump builder is AGAINST using additives, he says he see's more bad than good from using it, BUT he told me, "if you just HAVE to use it, use Stanadyne "!

SR

/ Fuel Caddy?
Correct on the wind chill comment. I was just referencing that temp because I couldn't remember the actual air temp. Northern Ohio doesn't normally get that cold, but still worth mentioning I thought.

Glad to hear some positive feedback about Stanadyne. I'm tempted to ask the co-op's what they think, but I'm sure they will say their fuel needs nothing....

/ Fuel Caddy? #29  
I have had good luck with Power Service products. My tractor dealer and Ford dealer say is is OK to use, especially if I need to prevent jelling. The 911 has saved my butt a few times over the years:laughing:

/ Fuel Caddy? #30  
Correct on the wind chill comment. I was just referencing that temp because I couldn't remember the actual air temp. Northern Ohio doesn't normally get that cold, but still worth mentioning I thought.

Glad to hear some positive feedback about Stanadyne. I'm tempted to ask the co-op's what they think, but I'm sure they will say their fuel needs nothing....
It probably doesn't need anything, I don't use any additives in any of the diesel I buy, nor does my family or neighbors... None of us are having fuel problems...

SR