Fuel stabalizer

/ Fuel stabalizer #32  
I buy only HiTest gas and run carbs dry, also all my small engine powered things are stored in a shed or garage thus not under hot sun.
Also changed out any rubber lines for tygon (?) (the yellow stuff).
(It is the alcohol in gas that dissolves the rubber and also causes rust in steel tanks.)

Knock on wood, that seems to have avoided any problems.

Some years back a major Canadian refiner was sued over having added alcohol without warning the users. Guess that using alcohol has now become an accepted norm.

/ Fuel stabalizer #33  
You have had small engine carb issues because your useing un stabilized E10 fuel. Stabil will help but E0 fuel that's stabilized will really help.

How hard is it to find E0 fuel? Did you use pure-gas.com to final a local station?
Depends on where you are!
In my state the law reads: "Non ethanol fuel shall not be dispensed from a pump".
VERY HARD.... "to find E0 fuel".
A 5 gallon can at the local hardware store is $85 + tax.

/ Fuel stabalizer #34  
Gasoline fuels have been a limited shelf life product since they started to refining them 130+ years ago. They are made to be used, not stored. Once it hits oxygen, its days are limited. Heat makes that happen faster. Note how alcohol was not mentioned.

/ Fuel stabalizer #35  
I have always used Stabil for any gas used in my small engines. However, ethanol blended fuel isn't something new and has been around for years. You would think that any modern engine sold in the US would be able to handle E10 or E15 without any issues. Is that not the case?

/ Fuel stabalizer #36  
Here's my theory. :ROFLMAO:

Me and the wife sure have been fighting lately, must be the ethanol in the gas.
My dog and kids don't listen to me anymore, must be the ethanol in the gas.
My party member didn't win in the last election, must be the ethanol in the gas.
Do you see a pattern here? If not, it must be the ethanol in the gas.

/ Fuel stabalizer #37  
Look up Pri-g additive it has some great reviews , I just bought some some pri-d for my tractor as it helps with algae etc. also . pri-g is for gas engines and pri-d is for diesel .

/ Fuel stabalizer #38  
Im tired of having problems with small engine carbs and I plan to do something about it.

In my area finding ethanol free gas isnt easy and from what I have read dosent necessarily solve the problem.

I know that running the fuel tank empty at the end of the season isnt the answer either because Ive seen first hand the powdery white residue left behind after things dry out.

What do you guys do to not have any problems?

Im looking into a fuel additive called Sta-Bil. I know little about any of these additives.
I go with Tru-Fuel or one of the other non ethanol fuels for off season storage. A bit expensive, but worth it for storage. I've had trouble with most of the fuel stabilizers on the market

/ Fuel stabalizer #39  
Im tired of having problems with small engine carbs and I plan to do something about it.

In my area finding ethanol free gas isnt easy and from what I have read dosent necessarily solve the problem.

I know that running the fuel tank empty at the end of the season isnt the answer either because Ive seen first hand the powdery white residue left behind after things dry out.

Im looking into a fuel additive called Sta-Bil. I know little about any of these additives.
I have used Sta-Bil with 10% ethanol fuel for my chain saws for a couple of decades now. No fuel-related problems. Best not to go more than a year in storage for the mix, though. They claim 2 years.

/ Fuel stabalizer #40  

Sta-Bil is good for long term storage, I put Sea Foam in every gas can and tank on all of my equipment and have had no problems with carburetors since I started doing that.