Fueling M series tractor

/ Fueling M series tractor #22  
That's where mine is. I have never used a 5 gallon jug to add fuel. I'll bet that sucks!!!! I like it there when using my transfer pump/tank. If you do spill any, it harmlessly goes on the ground and not all over the paint.

Good weed (and grass) killer too.

/ Fueling M series tractor #23  
Small potatoes, mine is 100 gallons, diamond plate aluminum. I like shiny...:laughing:

That's cause you got those deep pockets. :)

/ Fueling M series tractor #24  
Kubota MX. same problem filling. I drive about 2 miles to gas station

Andy

/ Fueling M series tractor #25  
I never use the 5 gallon container spouts. Remove the spout and get an extra large tractor funnel. Get a metal funnel sturdy enough to rest the edge of the container on.

/ Fueling M series tractor #26  
For using a fuel can, I have an older one with a dog-leg bend in the stubby length neck. I get up on a small plastic step stool and almost never spill any. For a newer container, I have a Rural King fuel can with a handle on both the top and side. I buy their plastic replacement nozzle, step on my plastic step stool and rarely spill any. This is on my MX5100.

/ Fueling M series tractor #27  
I put a piece of 2X8 from the loader frame to the hood of M5640 with a towel for protection. Use a step ladder to get the closed container up. Then a simple rattle siphon. Never spill a drop.

ReFuelM5640.JPG

gg

/ Fueling M series tractor #28  
On my MX4800. I use a no-spill 5 gal diesel can. I put a garden kneeling pad on the hood. I climb up the step with the can in my left hand, arm just hanging. Once in the drivers station, I put the can on the kneeling pad and tilt it over the inlet. The you push the button. No spill! I drilled a 1/8 hole in the guards for the push button and insert a brass rod through to hold the button down. As long as I have less than half a tank, I can walk away.

Identical to what I do. No-Spill (brand) cans are great.

/ Fueling M series tractor
Thx for all the tips on refueling.

I just didn稚 want to miss the obvious

/ Fueling M series tractor #30